The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a Russian chicken producer's capacities

The new hatchery is equipped with the latest technology: 20 BioStreamer setters and 18 BioStreamer hatchers from Petersime have been installed. The setters hold 115,200 eggs each. Moreover, the hatchery is equipped with modern installations for automatic candling and transfer of eggs from the setter trays to the hatcher baskets (55,000 per hour), washing machines, chick sorting machines, etc. The equipment was delivered by the German company Hartmann.

Thats 2 million eggs set.

I understand, hatcheries have a very large capacity to set and hatch eggs. I wasn't really thinking hatcheries when I mentioned the most chicks hatched in a day, I was more thinking like this community having tons of members from all over planning a hatch together as a community. I was just having a thought, I have taken us off topic
hide.gif
sorry. lol.

I understand, hatcheries have a very large capacity to set and hatch eggs. I wasn't really thinking hatcheries when I mentioned the most chicks hatched in a day, I was more thinking like this community having tons of members from all over planning a hatch together as a community. I was just having a thought, I have taken us off topic
hide.gif
sorry. lol.
Its not off topic.

I think if we can find some sort of record we can "own" we should go for it.

Lol i was just kidding. She lays her eggs on the floor allot. This one was right under the roost. She might have laid while roosting it looks like

Lol my bantams have a bad habit of laying their eggs where every they feel like. Sometimes they lay in the next box, most times I find them all over the coop
idunno.gif
Silly chickens.

Im thinking of rehoming my bantams anyhow to make space for my Spitzhauben that will be hatching. I cant decide.

Man i want some spitz. Theres someone north of me who has them but their bantams. :-(
Lol my bantams have a bad habit of laying their eggs where every they feel like. Sometimes they lay in the next box, most times I find them all over the coop:idunno  Silly chickens.

Im thinking of rehoming my bantams anyhow to make space for my Spitzhauben that will be hatching. I cant decide.

Just curious and this is to everyone on the hatch along

Who want to try to go for the world record of most planned chicks/poultry to hatch on the same day through out the entire world in the Guinness Book of World Records.

I don't believe there is a record for it and the record if won would be held in BYCs name. AND we could all be part of that. If BYC won the record it would also be a good promoter for BYC.

Just a thought. Anyone?

Quote:
jumpy.gif
Oh, I would sooo..do it. I think it's an awesome idea. Now, who's good at researching tidbits of info like that??? (OZ)
jumpy.gif

I'm in! Hatching ameraucanas and Oliver eggers.

One post?! Well then......

I love the Ameraucanas and EE's, and Olive Eggers. Something strange just happened the last few days to my EE..she turned into an Olive Egger! What? That egg was as mint green as could be, now she's laying the most beautiful color of Olive .. the very color I've been wanting! I lucked out, unless she goes back to her first week and a half of color. She's only been laying 2 weeks, and I think, I think, she missed one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom