The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New chick condo

There is a brooder on the top right side with wire and a door also I can clip a heat lamp for them
The lower portion is one long brooder with 2 doors in the front, though there is a slot to place a divider in the middle to section off the bottom into 2 separate areas. So 3 brooders in total with a feed shelf to the top right. All the hay is placed above the feed shelf area. There is an additional brooder up high above the top right side brooder, it was previously built and placed up top on its side and extra waterers and feeders are stored in it also. To the entire left side of the unti I will build extra shelves extending out to store all the extras like medical supplies and DE sevin dust feed cups etc.

Tomorrow I plan to move my 11week olds out to it, finally.

VERY NICE
clap.gif

Not near as exciting as an emu hatching, but...we have three chicks hatched plus 1 zipped, and 7 or 8 pipped. The one that hatched last night is fluffy and cheeping away waiting for his (or her) siblings to join him in the brooder box. On a related note, chick #1 hadn't fully absorbed the yolk sac and the inside of the hatcher looks like a scene from a slasher movie. Ewwww!
sickbyc.gif

yea my 4 year old is all in it
My DD asked me if I could figure out how to stream it to the flatscreen so she could "multitask".
lau.gif
She is her mother's daughter through and through.

Not near as exciting as an emu hatching, but...we have three chicks hatched plus 1 zipped, and 7 or 8 pipped. The one that hatched last night is fluffy and cheeping away waiting for his (or her) siblings to join him in the brooder box. On a related note, chick #1 hadn't fully absorbed the yolk sac and the inside of the hatcher looks like a scene from a slasher movie. Ewwww!
sickbyc.gif
Yay!!! Congratulations! on the hatch, not the mess. That is very messy. I hope the chick is ok...

ANOTHER CONTEST! PLEASE SEE RULES AND ENTER HERE:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...to-contest-5th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long

Contest #11

EASTER/Spring Fowl Photo Contest!

5th Annual 2014 Easter Hatch-a-long!

LL

Last years winner by soldier

We want your Easter/Spring Themed Fowl Photos!
Use your creativity and photography skills to submit your “Easter” themed Fowl Photos!

ANY fowl accepted!
Winner/s will be chosen by our BYC Judges!

2 entries per contestant

Prize:
Set of 2 New Rooster Plates

Courtesy of Sally Sunshine
Bonus points if the photo includes us as well?? Any of the eggs in the 'bator that hatch are destined for two photo shoots the weekend of the 29th. One vintage styled, the other kids and families with two photog friends of mine.

Not near as exciting as an emu hatching, but...we have three chicks hatched plus 1 zipped, and 7 or 8 pipped. The one that hatched last night is fluffy and cheeping away waiting for his (or her) siblings to join him in the brooder box. On a related note, chick #1 hadn't fully absorbed the yolk sac and the inside of the hatcher looks like a scene from a slasher movie. Ewwww! :sick

congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom