The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts about possibly an emu brooder cam? Been thinking when/if to do it.
hu.gif
I say YES!
wee.gif

I just got my hands on the most GORGEOUS hatchlings eggs I have ever had in my incubator. I'm setting tonight as I don't want to compromise the hatchlings rates by letting them sit until 29th so I'll have some early easter chickens this year (april 14/15 hatch). Hope I can still join you in the fun on this thread!
roll.png

Here' sa photo of my eggs - most of them are mixed. They are from are wyandotte, isbar, araucanas, isbar and maran/araucana mix hens covered by araucana, isbar and cream legbar roosters. I also have some cream legbar and isbar purebreds in there, but I have no idea how to separate the chickens when they hatch.
lol.png

Welcome_mcHT_Smiley-vi.gif

They are a beautiful mix of eggs.

Last edited:
I finally got around to taking pictures of my BO chicks that hatched this week. You can see they are getting wing feathers. They love to sit and sleep and poop in their food dish. DH came up to pick them up and take back to the farm in SC. He brought a feeder and water container. They figured out the feeder but still prefer the cat food tins for water.

I just got my hands on the most GORGEOUS hatchlings eggs I have ever had in my incubator. I'm setting tonight as I don't want to compromise the hatchlings rates by letting them sit until 29th so I'll have some early easter chickens this year (april 14/15 hatch). Hope I can still join you in the fun on this thread!
roll.png

Here' sa photo of my eggs - most of them are mixed. They are from are wyandotte, isbar, araucanas, isbar and maran/araucana mix hens covered by araucana, isbar and cream legbar roosters. I also have some cream legbar and isbar purebreds in there, but I have no idea how to separate the chickens when they hatch.
lol.png

It is great to have you with is all the way from Norway!

Official members are plus or minus two days from the set date for the type of poultry you are hatching. Ducks, turkeys and other poultry that had a set day of the 22nd would count. You can still hatch with us and most of the contests are open to all BYC Members.

smilies-3435.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom