The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silkie..are they on their way??
wee.gif

Want an opinion. Someone was talking about isolating certain eggs from each other so that they don't get breeds mixed up during hatch. What to you think of using strawberry plastic boxes for this? They have ventelation slots in them already and can hold 3 to 4 eggs depending on the size of the eggs. Since they have lids that would help control the popcorn effect in quail too.

Here are 5 of the 7 poults hatched today. 2 more are still in the bator trying to get their feet under them before heading to the brooder & 3 of the ones in this pic were sold less than 30 minutes later. An 8th poult pipped internally but never made it out. I have 5/6 from each of 2 more batches developing. 1 batch is my eggs & the other is shipped.
Love poults...
love.gif
......especially the whut whut sound they make.....

up_and_down_3_text.gif

Luv you too. This thread is just too busy for me to follow this time of year. I have a garden and chickens.
I'll try to keep up.
Ditto - thank goodness for Ron's Daily Digest! Some days I get close to caught up, and next thing I know I'm hundreds of posts behind.

Looks like a good separation technique, though I would put paper towel or something on the bottom to give them footing to avoid leg issues. Hmm, may have to go get some strawberries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom