The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: This one is on sale. It is not as accurate as the Brinsea spot check, but would do better than the ones from Walmart.

rt8100mat_z_c.jpg
http://www.thermoworks.com/products/alarm/rt8100mat.html#ProductDescription

Last edited:
Sally, which hospital did you go to? I have been using Memorial Hospital (if we have to).
The new CLEAN urgent care was St. Josephs and the
sickbyc.gif
hospital was TRHMC and the security guards and the new metal detector systems were just so welcoming NOT!

cool thanks! I am going to go read ratings tomorrow and do my homework alot better than I have with the thermos! I finally have a great flashlight to candle, and a cool bator that works awesome, I am getting there!

As far as I know... Rumples stayed on the nest today..
D.gif
Yesterday she only left for about 20 minutes to eat.. drink and poop. My broody is serious. I am hopeful
fl.gif
My first time trying to hatch in any way shape or form. Thanks to BYC for all the help and encouragement. !!

Nice collection of eggs!

woot.gif

Welcome! Even if it was by accident!

clap.gif

Nope, you are just in time!

From one dog?
th.gif
How would she feed that many?

Ugh, hope you feel better soon!

That is hilarious!

Awwww, a new life from the lost life.
love.gif

Sorry about your rough day Sally. I hope tomorrow is a much better day!
I'm soo glad I decided to incubate some of her eggs now even though I was trying to get her to go broody at the time. This chick is definitely going to be getting special treatment for a little while

@ronott1 - No, first post says 10 turkeys and 66 LF. That egg total would be 76. When I went back over the incubators & counted by breed, then added up the numbers, (and had to actually re-count eggs after that, lol) it actually is 67 chickens (plus ten turkeys) total 77 eggs. :)

Last edited:
I have a broody hen who is participating for the Easter hatch-a-long, she has four eggs. I also will set 41 eggs for the Easter hatch-a-long. So that will give us a total of 45 for Easter...I better start building that barn.

@ronott1 - No, first post says 10 turkeys and 66 LF. That egg total would be 76. When I went back over the incubators & counted by breed, then added up the numbers, (and had to actually re-count eggs after that, lol) it actually is 67 chickens (plus ten turkeys) total 77 eggs. :)
thumbsup.gif

I hope they all hatch!

I won't be home at noon so I just set the ones I have... 32 Barred English Orps, Lemon cuckko Orps and Bantam Cochins. Hoping my eggs I get Monday, silkes, will arrive intact so I'll add another 7 to this set. Unless I throw in more from my flock...
1f601.png

In addition to those 32 set Saturday, I added 13 silkie/frizzle eggs today. Late setting like I said before due to shipping to work not home...
If they count, I have 45 total for the hatch a long.

My set number went down to 5.
th.gif
I opened the door to the coop this morning at 6 to let everyone out and then I went back to check on my broody hen at about 9:30 to see if she had left the nest to eat anything. When I got outside I saw feathers everywhere but not blood. I couldn't figure out what happened because everyone was out there that should have been. I went to the coop after the outside head count to check on my hen and something had gotten her and in the process crushed 5 eggs. I grabbed the other five and they were cold. I decided to bring them inside and put them in the incubator even though I don't have much hope that they'll make it. After bringing the eggs inside, I went back outside to clean up the mess in the coop and put all the chickens back in the coop, but when I got there I saw more feathers. I looked around to see who it was this time and in the back of the field behind my house I saw a fox reach the wood line with my favorite rooster in his mouth.
hit.gif
So sorry.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom