The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 70's (finally) Saturday, first day without 40 +MPH winds so we could work outside. Sunday started beautiful, watched the blizzard start while in church! Pastor called it short, 3" in 45 minutes. Got home to heavy wind (destroyed neighbors' shed roof) pounding rain, sideways snow, marble hail off and on all day. If I ever find that groundhog.....
Here I was out walking the property our couple of nice 70 degree days. Discovered a mother load of groundhog holes.

Last edited:
Put my first HAL eggs into lock down late tonight I had set them on 10pm on a Thursday, 8 super dark FBCM's could make out air cells but that is it. Someone is going strong one of them kicked the shell when I candled the eggs as i moved them into the hatcher I call them my surprise eggs could all hatch non could hatch couldn't really ever see into them..the rest go into lock down on Wednesday.

Here I was out walking the property our couple of nice 70 degree days. Discovered a mother load of groundhog holes.

What load do you use? My son worked up a perfect, self disintegrating, no ricochet load, alllll my neighbors are hiring him ( pay is the ability to exterminate out of their cow/ horse pastures). Don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, they just cause so much damage to our local ranchers. Personally, I think they are adorable, just carry tooo many cooties in our area!

IMG_20140414_234211_zps7vrdqwh6.jpg

From the brats!

I candled over the weekend, started with 26 eggs 24 blue and black copper maran eggs and 2 olive eggers..tossed 2 out that were infertile. Lockdown for me is Thursday...started a day late.

What load do you use? My son worked up a perfect, self disintegrating, no ricochet load, alllll my neighbors are hiring him ( pay is the ability to exterminate out of their cow/ horse pastures). Don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, they just cause so much damage to our local ranchers. Personally, I think they are adorable, just carry tooo many cooties in our area!
I have no idea what load is used. I'll let neighborhood kids know. It should be close to pest week at school. There are a lot of points up there for them.

Take you best guess on what up should be, alternately you can hatch the egg upright in an egg carton. Watch carefully for low pips.

How can one watch carefully for low pips after lockdown though? You mean if we see some how a low external pip? If so we should?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom