The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am quite sad to note that today, my third emu chick was found dead in his little brooder for no real apparent reason. his neck had been curling funny the night before, but he was super totally healthy right after the hatch. Anyways, I little sad today about that.
hmm.png
You just put so much work into the egg for it to hatch, always checking the temp, you turn it 3 times a day by hand for 50 days...and then it dies.

Last edited:
I am quite sad to note that today, my third emu chick was found dead in his little brooder for no real apperenet reason. his neck had been curling funny the night before, but he was super totally healthy right after the hatch. Anyways, I little sad today about that. :/ You just put so much work into the egg for it to hatch, always checking the temp, you turn it 3 times a day by hand for 50 days...and then it dies.
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this.

I am quite sad to note that today, my third emu chick was found dead in his little brooder for no real apperenet reason. his neck had been curling funny the night before, but he was super totally healthy right after the hatch. Anyways, I little sad today about that.
hmm.png
You just put so much work into the egg for it to hatch, always checking the temp, you turn it 3 times a day by hand for 50 days...and then it dies.

Oh No! I'm soo sorry
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Front left to right- EE, EE, SS, BYM

Chick #5 has hatched, BO by the looks of it. I have some pure in that pen but also 1 Blue Maran, 1 Black Maran and 1 Black Lav Split Orp.
Only one external pip so far left, the rest are doing nothing but expected as these are a few days early.

I am quite sad to note that today, my third emu chick was found dead in his little brooder for no real apparent reason. his neck had been curling funny the night before, but he was super totally healthy right after the hatch. Anyways, I little sad today about that.
hmm.png

Oh that sucks. Soo sorry! They are so cute.

hmm.png
Sorry to hear! Glad you do have some that are doing well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom