The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Originally Posted by Doctor Pammie

Finally woke up to our first chick! A little Olive Egger! She went immediately to the other egg that had pipped and chirped encouragement! Now the little Welsummer is out, too. One more Olive Egger has pipped and we are squarely into day 23. Wondering if using the automatic cool down feature of the Brinsea delayed hatch? Both chicks came out completely perfect--no issues and very strong immediately out of the egg. Originally set 24 eggs, all of them mail-delivered. Fingers crossed that a few more will pip before it's all over!"

I use the automatic cool down on my brinsea....it doesn't seem to affect the hatch (if anything...mine seem to hatch a tad early)
Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...LOL!
Congrats on your new little chicks.....they sure are fun, aren't they (I also enjoy watching them cheer each other on!!)

Last edited:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...pper-contest-for-the-2014-easter-hatch-a-long

Contest #15

2014 Easter Hatch-a-long

LL

Last years winner - Contrastphoto

"Flapper Contest!"

Post your best Fowl Flapping in action!

All fowl flappers accepted, NO Staging photos, birds must be on their feet!
No more than 3 entries per contestant!
Our BYC Judges will choose 10 finalists, and then YOU vote for your favorites!

3 entries per contestant

ENTRY DEADLINE
April 24th, 2014 at Midnight PST

[/COLOR]

Hey everyone. I am looking for a little advice. My second duck to hatch appears to be having a tougher time than the others. :( I noticed her beak is slightly misshapen and her her belly and navel are still a bit swollen. She hatched on Saturday and she's been a little standoffish sometimes by herself under the light, but still moves around when there is a commotion. I also hear a noise when I listen to her breathing, like she has a stuffy nose? Does anyone have any ideas what to do?

Here are my numbers: Set 42, Hatched 17. Barnyard mix (cream crested legbar and dark brahma roosters over a mix of hens).

I think I made a few accidental sexlinks or autosexing. We are playing "guess the mommy and daddy" and then will run the punnetts on them to see if we are close.

I had a lot of clears this time around, most of which came from the same hen. At least I know not to set any of hers again. I had 7 that went into lockdown that didn't make it. One looked to be clear, one early quitter, the others candled as perfect eggs, but float tested duds. I am not sure why they didn't hatch and I don't like to do eggtopsies, so I will never know. Anyway, 17 is 17 more than I needed anyway
hide.gif

I just put some silkies I bought Sat. in my hatcher..they needed a bath, feathers were all plastered down to a few when i bought them one had a pasty butt today..so washed and in the hatcher they went is empty right now (still running I have eggs going in later) and has a fan and I thought a good place for them to dry without getting chilled...looked like they had just hatched that morning and taken to the swap kind of damp they never fluffed up I gave them a couple days to adjust then bath time..... 6 silver partridge silkies so cute..and I also got 4 Lavender Orps from the same guy...
wee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom