The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a total hatched thing going on - since I can't keep track of anything because 1) this thread moves to fast and 2) I don't want to be on the computer....

47 chicks
4 poults (one died, though)
11 quail

I done with this hatch, on to the next. Turkey eggs at post office have to go.
Oh the broody is done to didn't enter her she hatched 8 of the thirteen she was given . 4 eggs still under her but I think she is done. transfer to new cage with babies and eggs she sat right back down on her eggs. Broody hen is a cuckoo maran I say her with 13 wheaten colored EE eggs. She is so happy. just a clucking away at babys...

Congrats...but there is no picture.....:(  
i edited to add a pic but here you go

I had just missed setting eggs by a few days for the hatch a long this year...Next year I will have to be ready! Great job everyone, this thread was a great read and inspiration!

I had just missed setting eggs by a few days for the hatch a long this year...Next year I will have to be ready! Great job everyone, this thread was a great read and inspiration!
Remember Easter is earlier next year, April 5th, which means chicken eggs will be set March 14th(ish). We hope to see you there.

To many posts and taking my daughter and the newest grand baby to his first appointment today.

Woke up to find a dead chick in one of the AM containers. I think it pulled so hard it pulled it's insides out. Man I hate when that happens and I'm not around to try and help.

Ummm I I think I have 7 of thr chocolate split bantam AMs and 2 or 3 of the black/lavender. I have one of the mixed eggs hatched with a cute little yellow chick which looks like 3 of the Black Mottled Japs combined. The Silkied AM that was pipped was stuck, so I gave it a zipper. It'll have to get the rest of the way out, itself. I got 2 American Games peeking at me and I think that's it, but I'm waiting to see what else happens in there.

Just checking in with my final count; 10 out of 17 that made it to lockdown. My best percentage ever. They were all mixed breed mutts. 6 0f them went to a friend of mine to start her flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom