The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hatch is still going on. Took containers out to count chicks and candle eggs and after I got through 3 containers, some eggs that are open and in egg cartons started hatching. I had to close everything back up.

I do have containers that have finished.

5 Black Mottled Japs set 5 and all went to lockdown 3 hatched and 2 were quiters
11 Chocolate/Black Bantam AMs set 10 made it to lockdown 8 hatched but one died when it pulled to hard and ruptured and the last 2 were quiters
5 Silkies set 3 made it to lockdown 2 were quiters and 1 I left in, but it's iffy.
5 Lavender/Black Bantam AMs set and all 5 locked down. 4 hatched and one hit a vein will hatching
9 Silkied AMs set and all made it to lockdown. One hatched, but was stuck to the shell and not sure yet if it will make it. Same as with the Bantam. I didn't get a chance to candle the other 9, because my mixed chicks were in an egg tray and they started hatching all of a sudden. I had 2 of those hatched already out of the 8 that made it to lockdown and another 2 are drying and also didn't bother candling the rest yet.

OOPS!! I also have 2 American Games out

Thought they'd be finished by the time I got home tonight, but still slowly adding to the brooder.

I had 43 go into lockdown, lost 2 and have 19 live. I'll add what I find in the morning.

It's time to announce the winner of the Best Hatch Participant.

This prize goes to a member that is supportive and helpful to others during the hatch.

We discussed it, and even received a PM suggesting this person, so this year's Best Hatch Participant is..............

Cynthia12!

Congratulations! You have won a 1 year GFM!
Woohoo!!!!!!! Congratulations, you definitely deserved to win!!!

It's time to announce the winner of the Best Hatch Participant.

This prize goes to a member that is supportive and helpful to others during the hatch.

We discussed it, and even received a PM suggesting this person, so this year's Best Hatch Participant is..............

Cynthia12!

Congratulations! You have won a 1 year GFM!
Congratulations!

[/IMG]this Legbar has a curved to the right neck. Will this correct it self. This chick hatched Sunday

picture from back. Sorry it really curves to left and head is to the right

Last edited:
Need to correct my hatch numbers. Had two late chicks hatch on Monday night.

7 EE crosses hatched

originally set 44 eggs
locked down 32 eggs
2 died while trying to escape their shell
7 successful hatches

Did an egg-topsy and all were full term. Don't know what happened with the OE as it was full term, too, but I didn't open the incubator until two days after the other OE's hatched, so it may have been just a normal death. Have ideas on the Marans and am going to try again since I got them that far.

picture from back. Sorry it really curves to left and head is to the right

Hmm I haven't seen that before in my chicks. That is odd. I hope it does correct itself. Maybe wry neck? Does it stargaze and lose balance, if so you should start her on vitamins or electrolytes asap to help correct. I have never delt with wry neck but that's what people seem to do. I hope others chime in.

How many did you get to hatch?

Last edited:
It is the last day to enter:

Contest #12: Celebrity Look Alike Contest

Go here to enter: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ntest-5th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_50

Contest #12

Celebrity Look alike Contest!

5th Annual 2014 Easter Hatch-a-long!

Post a picture that you took of a domestic fowl that looks like a celebrity. You will also need to post a picture of your look-alike celebrity for comparison, although you do not need to take that picture (just don't break any copyright laws in your quest!). You may photoshop the pictures slightly, but only to add props or background to aid in your look-alike.

ANY domestic fowl accepted!
Our BYC Judges will choose 10 finalists,

and then YOU vote for your favorites!

2 entries per contestant

1st Prize
12 Chocolate/Mauve/Black Orpington Hatching Eggs
Courtesy of christabelle

LL
LL

LOL ron..are you still dreaming of those beaches and palm trees?

Thank you soo much for this! I have really enjoyed this Hatch A Long. I have met some really nice folks on here! Chicken people are the best ever!!
love.gif

I, too, say Congratulations! You really were a sweetie, and so supportive throughout the whole HAL. Well Deserved award!
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom