The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more late pippers this morning. All of these were in the new coolerbator I built. I used a water heater thermostat and had a heck of a time getting the temp set and staying set. I literally had to adjust it at least 3 times a day. I ordered a new gqf wafer thermo yesterday.

My question where is best place to position it? I have double lights about 6-8" apart in the bator.

Quote:
caf.gif
little foot like me!

@HappyChooks /@Sally Sunshine

Humidity down to 66% and falling at the rate of 1% every hour. Day 20 starts in 2 hrs from now. Since none of my eggs have pipped so far, is it safe to open the bator quickly to add water and close it right away?

I have more late pippers this morning. All of these were in the new coolerbator I built. I used a water heater thermostat and had a heck of a time getting the temp set and staying set. I literally had to adjust it at least 3 times a day. I ordered a new gqf wafer thermo yesterday.

My question where is best place to position it? I have double lights about 6-8" apart in the bator.
We had to have it right at a light bulb like almost touching, did you drill and do the modifications on the hot water one??

Wafer Thermostats regulate ambient (area temps) and the hot water heaters regulate radiant heat (at heat source)

you can see right there which is the better to use, but you have ordered the wafer, you wont have issues once you install it. For now just move it closer to one bulb, and if you have to dont use the one light, put in one of these for now
picture.php

and move the hot water thermo closer almost at the lights because they read AT the heat source

Last edited:
@HappyChooks /@Sally Sunshine

Humidity down to 66% and falling at the rate of 1% every hour. Day 20 starts in 2 hrs from now. Since none of my eggs have pipped so far, is it safe to open the bator quickly to add water and close it right away?
yes I always wipe the side of my bator with a warm wet rag, dont get eggs wet, doing so gives instant humidity or you can use a mister again not on eggs

Final count. Set a lot of eggs. I forget how many? It's in the records somewhere.

None of the Turkey eggs were viable. Tossed them.
1/2 of the shipped eggs were clears. Tossed them.

Left with about 45 eggs to develop. Several quitters. Crazy shipped eggs and saddle shaped air cells! Still we are happy.

Hatched
10 English Orpingtons a cuckoo black/lav project.
3 Swedish Flower Hens (one a vaulted skull)
4 Brabanters
9 EE's
6 Golden Laced Wyandotte

32 total chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom