The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home from work today, to my only smooth cochin hen missing. I had kept her because she had such a great character. She was my little butterball.
hit.gif

There were some feathers in a pile, but nothing else. And she was broody too. She would get off her nest just to greet me each night and then run right back to her nest.

I collected all her eggs and stuck them in the incubator, so hoping I got to them in time. 6 fertile eggs went in.
fl.gif

Looks like we are going hunting this weekend.
somad.gif

hey, plastic ice cube tray feeders are an inspired use for the things! I might steal that idea for my cage brooder.... (I use an EcoGlo heater which fits perfectly into the cage; the wire sides allow me total visual access to the chicks. Fits on the coffee table just fine. I like being able to watch Chick TV any time I want. )

On a happy note though...

Although some are already spoken for, here are a few...

Mohawk RIR (keeping)

RIR/Lt. Brahma (keeping, but need a name...he is very pudgy)

RIR/Lt. Brahma

Delware Mix

d'Uccle

Delware Mix

Singing Incubator From Hell Update

I contacted the seller, a company who sells many kinds of incubators to tell them about my issues with this incubator and my disappointment. I expected to have a back and forth conversation of some sort and end up leaving less than positive feedback. Without a word of reply though they sent a full refund..... so far no word even asking me to return it.

Interesting right? Maybe they know it is horrible?

Now what do I do with this thing? We try to be green and not trash things but who would I curse with this thing? I am not sure it could be made to work correctly even.

So my hatch didn't exactly go as planned, so I have a question for you all.

Is there any problem with putting hatched chicks and feed store chicks together in the brooder?

Vacinated vs. non vaccinated?

Thanks,
Shawn

Shouldn't be a problem....I'm doing it right now. Everyone's great. The TSC chicks are about 3 days older than my own but they are all fine. I even have a duckling in that brooder.

I came home from work today, to my only smooth cochin hen missing. I had kept her because she had such a great character. She was my little butterball. :hit

There were some feathers in a pile, but nothing else.  And she was broody too.  She would get off her nest just to greet me each night and then run right back to her nest. 

I collected all her eggs and stuck them in the incubator, so hoping I got to them in time. 6 fertile eggs went in. :fl

Looks like we are going hunting this weekend. :mad:
(((HUGS)))

Singing Incubator From Hell Update

I contacted the seller, a company who sells many kinds of incubators to tell them about my issues with this incubator and my disappointment. I expected to have a back and forth conversation of some sort and end up leaving less than positive feedback. Without a word of reply though they sent a full refund..... so far no word even asking me to return it.

Interesting right? Maybe they know it is horrible?

Now what do I do with this thing? We try to be green and not trash things but who would I curse with this thing? I am not sure it could be made to work correctly even.

Oh wow, glad you got your money back. Someone may want it anyway, give it a try. It may work better as a hatcher, instead of incubation..try putting some eggs in for lock down only? Or would you dare??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom