The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my day just got worse! I need everyone's help! A transformer blew! I got 20 eggs in the incubator!!!! Geese mostly and a few chickens eggs that will be hatching in couple days!!! How do I keep the eggs warm! I got all my newly born chick's under the blanket with me...

Sacrifice turning for heat. Wrap the bator in a thick towel and keep it closed for heat conservation.
Even a thick blanket will work

Well my day just got worse! I need everyone's help! A transformer blew! I got 20 eggs in the incubator!!!! Geese mostly and a few chickens eggs that will be hatching in couple days!!! How do I keep the eggs warm! I got all my newly born chick's under the blanket with me...

Chicks under a blanket with you is fine..don't..wrap your bators if they are in lock down in blankets! It will be ok to fill some bottles, closed..that are full of hot water. Will help keep the temp ok for them until you get the power back on. Those eggs need oxygen right now .. especially if they are in lock down! They could be pipped internally, they need oxygen. Can't say it enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom