The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: YAY! It's a fun night HAL!
thumbsup.gif
What kind do you have?

I've got BCM and OE hatching now, but I also won a barnyard mix (RIR, BA, WJG, BO, GLW, AM, LO, CO) due Monday. And of course I threw some of my own Barred Rock and Midget White turkey eggs into the incubator as well... about 60 eggs due over the next week.

Last edited:
YAY! It's a fun night HAL!
thumbsup.gif
What kind do you have?

I've got BCM and OE hatching now, but I also won a barnyard mix (RIR, BA, WJG, BO, GLW, AM, LO, CO) due Monday. And of course I threw some of my own Barred Rock and Midget White turkey eggs into the incubator as well... about 60 eggs due over the next week.

My egg prizes were Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantams, Wheaten Marans and Olive Eggers. I also have my own Sexlinks hatching now with them, and some chicks hatching under a broody today also. In a second incubator I also have Bourbon Red turkey poults hatching 7 out 2 to go.

my WFBS are hatching from eggs I won..2 out so far i think one more may hatch ,the Brahma's never did anything horrible rolling air cells, the 2 little bantam eggs quit late i think but in the hatcher anyway maybe i will be surprised...even 2 chicks is better than no chicks !!!

It looks like 2 circles formed into one without totally combining

Did they not develop or did they make it to hatch and then die.
I have some to hatch this Saturday looking like they should hatch and some supposed to hatch next Wednesday and they look plume they should. ( all double air cells)

It sounds to me like you are describing detached air cells, (saddle cells) common with shipped eggs. Not an air cell on each end like twins. What do they look like now?

My brooder is full of Jersey Giants. Got one adult keeping my Light Sussex in line. He's a big dark green reluctant lumbering softie.
The brooder is in my living room, dust is everywhere :rolleyes: . I've hatched turkeys for a friend before, but for a friend. They grow fast :eek: .
HANDS UP THOES OF YOU WHO HAVE A TURKEY BROODER IN THEIR FRONT ROOM ? Be honest lol :gig
Can you imagine 12 six week old turkeys in your living room, how would you-- ! !!!!!----------- don't think this is happening.

Lemme see...I've had 1-3 brooders in thr livingroom since January, plus occasionally 1-2 per bedroom...plus the 3-4 in the garage.

Current brooder count:
1 in livingroom. with 20+ 1-2 week olds
1 in bedroom with about 20 chicks, ducks & a poult hatched the last 4 days
1 little box brooder in bedroom with 4 quail under 3 days old
2 in garage with ducks, turkeys & chicks 4-6 weeks old
1 broody hen in garage sitting on 12 eggs due the 15th
20 chicks 5-8 weeks old tossed into layer coop this week because I ran out of brooder space because meaties are using my strip cage for night pens until I get the rest processed (6 down, 13 to go)

Lemme see...I've had 1-3 brooders in thr livingroom since January, plus occasionally 1-2 per bedroom...plus the 3-4 in the garage.

Current brooder count:
1 in livingroom. with 20+ 1-2 week olds
1 in bedroom with about 20 chicks, ducks & a poult hatched the last 4 days
1 little box brooder in bedroom with 4 quail under 3 days old
2 in garage with ducks, turkeys & chicks 4-6 weeks old
1 broody hen in garage sitting on 12 eggs due the 15th
20 chicks 5-8 weeks old tossed into layer coop this week because I ran out of brooder space because meaties are using my strip cage for night pens until I get the rest processed (6 down, 13 to go)

lol That's great. ha ha your as nutty as me. No offence meant , but we English are noted for eccentricities, didn't know you lot on the other side of the pond were just as ! ! ! d . My maximum count has been a mire 2. Do you camp outside in the garden, lol . Never a dull moment
thumbsup.gif
cool

lol That's great. ha ha your as nutty as me. No offence meant , but we English are noted for eccentricities, didn't know you lot on the other side of the pond were just as ! ! ! d . My maximum count has been a mire 2.  Do you camp outside in the garden, lol . Never a dull moment :thumbsup    cool

We're actually in process of moving into an rv for the summer so we can get into our new place in the boonies sooner...lol The landlord is putting a mobile home out there before winter, but we don't want to wait...lol

And the 1 thing I have never been accused of being is "normal." I'm nuts, I admit it & got papers to prove it...lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom