The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Gosling that we hatched died just an hour ago... Died in my arms. I was crying so hard. Her breathing was so heavy and every time she breathed she was making clicking sounds... Anyone know what that means? she was a week old.
They make the clicking noises when they are dying. I'm so sorry.

So our twins died the same day. That was a bad day to begin with. Nothing went right that day! my broody managed to hatch out two of her chicks and I gave her one of my own. One of the chicks needed some help so I crack her open and she went POP! Out like the forth of july... I held the chick up to my broodies face because she helped me crack the egg open... Oddly... And she was talking to it softly! SO CUTE!!! She did this to her 2ed chick to!

I think the 2ed hatched is part buff laced polish and part silkie. I don't know.... It cute though.

I just check my incubator and it was over 120... I cracked open my new eggsand they were liquid with a little milkyness. Would they still be okay or should I throw them away. I just put them in yesterday and I forgot to put the temp down and passed out. I'm crying so ad right now. I cooked my eggs that were supposed to hatch this weekend and tomorrow! I don't think they lived. I'm so depressed now. What do you guys think? I've never had eggs over 120! Over 110 but not bad like this!

We'll this makes the 4th day of incubation for my red golden pheasant eggs. We'll my bator has been looping out the whole time I have set the eggs. The temp has been from 97.5-102. It's either 97 degrees or 102, never 99.8 like it should. We'll I was thinking since these eggs are a week old, and where shipped to me from far away and with the crazy temp, That all of the 9 eggs where dead. We'll I candled today and I got......8 OUT OF 9 EGGS WITH GROWING EMBRYOS! They where all ok. I'm amazed I got that many growing since shipped hatching eggs are notorious for low hatch rates. Plus I was cooking or freezing them in the bator until now. So I was like " thank God!". It looks like it's going to be another great hatch :D

My neighbor gave me 2 duck eggs last night ( they said their fertile) my wife wants to try to hatch them. I've read that it takes 28 days for duck eggs and the temp is the same as chickens. What about humidity? Also read a little about misting the eggs any thoughts? Any help on the subject would be appreciated. I've hatched 2 sets of chicks but never a duck

We'll this makes the 4th day of incubation for my red golden pheasant eggs. We'll my bator has been looping out the whole time I have set the eggs. The temp has been from 97.5-102. It's either 97 degrees or 102, never 99.8 like it should. We'll I was thinking since these eggs are a week old, and where shipped to me from far away and with the crazy temp, That all of the 9 eggs where dead. We'll I candled today and I got......8 OUT OF 9 EGGS WITH GROWING EMBRYOS! They where all ok. I'm amazed I got that many growing since shipped hatching eggs are notorious for low hatch rates. Plus I was cooking or freezing them in the bator until now. So I was like " thank God!". It looks like it's going to be another great hatch
big_smile.png
Lucky. I just bought egg and put them in last night. they were shipped also. I boiled them...
hit.gif
One that I cracked open was still liquid... and another was almost done getting hard boiled. Good luck on the hatch! Tell me how it goes!

My neighbor gave me 2 duck eggs last night ( they said their fertile) my wife wants to try to hatch them. I've read that it takes 28 days for duck eggs and the temp is the same as chickens. What about humidity? Also read a little about misting the eggs any thoughts? Any help on the subject would be appreciated. I've hatched 2 sets of chicks but never a duck

I hatch ducks i never misted the eggs before, it does take 28 days to hatch. I don't mess around with humidity, i just add water to the incubator once a week in the bottom to fill them up. Just treat them like chicken eggs and they will hatch!

I hatch ducks i never misted the eggs before, it does take 28 days to hatch. I don't mess around with humidity, i just add water to the incubator once a week in the bottom to fill them up. Just treat them like chicken eggs and they will hatch!
Ty for the info!! I was thinking since they are water birds the humidity would need to be higher(smoke still coming out of my ears lol) I'm going to set them tonight incubator seemed to stay stable over night so if it's still good when I get home from work in they go.

Lucky. I just bought egg and put them in last night. they were shipped also. I boiled them... :hit  One that I cracked open was still liquid... and another was almost done getting hard boiled. Good luck on the hatch! Tell me how it goes!
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( how did the incubator get that hot? I didn't even know it was possible to hit 120 in a bator.
And Thanks. I hope these guys will actually hatch as well as grow in the egg : )

I'm so sorry to hear that.
sad.png
how did the incubator get that hot? I didn't even know it was possible to hit 120 in a bator.
And Thanks. I hope these guys will actually hatch as well as grow in the egg : )
Well long story short. I pass out on the couch late last night and forgot to turn down the incubator. I Put in like 14 eggs and it went down to 60 degrees so i turned it up thinking i would turn it back down. NOPE I PASSED OUT! Woke up freaking out thought I burnt the eggs... Killed my new borns to. They were going to hatch out this weekend. I cracked open the eggs and yeah they were all dead. They were all so pretty to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom