The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our three little black bantam-cochin chicks that hatching from the incubator from hell are still doing great! They are so tiny! We have them in the garage in the brooder still with some new chicks. We hope to raise them all up together so the bigger birds will not pick on the bantams when they are grown. That is our newbie theory anyway.

Question: All three have single combs so far. How can we tell if any/all are males?

Was this the Singing Incubator?

Our three little black bantam-cochin chicks that hatching from the incubator from hell are still doing great! They are so tiny! We have them in the garage in the brooder still with some new chicks. We hope to raise them all up together so the bigger birds will not pick on the bantams when they are grown. That is our newbie theory anyway.

Question: All three have single combs so far. How can we tell if any/all are males?
You should be able to tell by now. Do you have pictures of them?

I think one of my hen's have gone broody. She has sat on the nest for 2 nights now!
Congrats!

My broody #2 hatched 6 chicks - 5 wellies and 1 barnie. She's a first time mother and doing a fantastic job with her babies.

Broody #3 is due in a few weeks, Broody #4 got broken because I moved her to a different coop.

I think one of my hen's have gone broody. She has sat on the nest for 2 nights now!
woot.gif

Bantam Cochins and all three look the same. Please tell me all are not Roos They are about 6 weeks old.

Them trying to act all tough in front of the big hens (They don't live together yet, just had them all playing in a fenced area today. The hens got aggressive with the little ones so we watched them carefully!)

I have some older bantam cochins about 14 weeks..and the first one looks a lot like a roo ..

Bantam Cochins and all three look the same. Please tell me all are not Roos They are about 6 weeks old. Them trying to act all tough in front of the big hens (They don't live together yet, just had them all playing in a fenced area today. The hens got aggressive with the little ones so we watched them carefully!)
Sorry to say, you have 3 little boys running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom