The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went toTSC TO get 2 bags of chick feed since I gt my ducks and geese from Metzer farms is 2 weeks. Well since they know me soo well and they love me since I know a lot about chickens and a lot of people ask me questions they gave me a present.... Here's a pix and yes they were the last 2 and they are bantams im think Mille de fleur d'uccles and a serema

And my duck got his diaper today so now he's a house duck

Did I welcome you? And, what's so funny? You have me laughing, and I don't know why.
lol.png
I just looked those up, they are pretty.

LOL your post made me laugh out loud and I dont know why, must be because you were laughing at another post and didn't know why either .

The first load of call ducks is in the incubator! The Easter Hatch-a-Long has begun for us!!
So exciting!!! Call ducks are just the cutest little things, love there round little faces.

Looks like I'll be setting OEGB eggs now! My little bantam hen just started laying again after her winter break
smile.png
Isnt it great that the hens are coming back into lay! Glad they are starting back up for you.

I had to switch gears a few times on what I was setting...first was going to be some of my own eggs, but no one here is laying yet, second was going to be some B/B/S Ameraucanas, but they too are not laying, so my HAL has been saved by Papa's Poultry! I've got a mix of my favorite breeds shipping to me today. I won't know the exact make up for breeds until I get my package, but I'm super eggsited!

yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
I hope you get a good assortment of eggs!!! I would be excited too!!!

11047940_1059938114035850_6382984144228777885_n.jpg

We don't spray our fruit trees. They are older, but we have plenty of apple trees, so we get plenty. Have a huge cherry tree that just keeps on giving. When we see the honey bees, we are pretty excited, because we know we will be getting fruit.
I agree. Bees are so important. We don't spray any of our trees or plants. We plan to get ourselves bees soon too. We have been taking a few years to learn all we can about bee keeping. I hope we can get them next Spring.

And that is why they get kicked out of the hive in the fall.
lol.png

My bees are busily collecting pollen, as everything has been in bloom since early January. We haven't really had a winter here in CA. It's 75* today.
Im a little jealous of your weather and your bees lol. It was about 44 here today and I was like oh boy its nice out, almost like Summer. I guess 75 might feel a little nicer lol.

I'm late in announcing, but the 2nd winner of the Random Posting Contest is

chicken pickin

clap.gif
Congratulations! You have won a 6 month GFM!
clap.gif

The magic time was 2:05PM on 3/2.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...byc-easter-hatch-a-long/2100_50#post_14874483
Eeeekkkk!!! Very exciting!!! I have never had a GFM before. Thank You!!!

So I went toTSC TO get 2 bags of chick feed since I gt my ducks and geese from Metzer farms is 2 weeks. Well since they know me soo well and they love me since I know a lot about chickens and a lot of people ask me questions they gave me a present.... Here's a pix and yes they were the last 2 and they are bantams im think Mille de fleur d'uccles and a serema

And my duck got his diaper today so now he's a house duck
This is to cute

Yep rights now i have2 chicks sittin on my lap as we are on BYC all I can here is PEPEEPEPPEPEPE EPEPEPEPEEPEPEPEEPE right in my head lol the one just put its little head in my ear lol

I will join!
I will be hatching a few Light Brahma and mostly Easter Eggers or Olive Eggers.
I need to set mine just a couple days earlier because we are having a buy, sell, trade at the Chicken Festival the day before Easter and there have been requests for Easter Egger hens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom