The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 10 in the brooder, 1 still in the incubator, and 2 pips.

Some Icelandic Easter Hatchlings.....
@KYTinpusher
Here is the chick from Cupcake and Audun...front left:

on the left looking at "Mom"....

I still havent seeb anything from the 2 blue eggs...no movement and no noises. I just candled and water candled and nothing. What should i do? They are on day 23. One of them internally pipped saturday.

My one serama egg is the same. On day 21 today. The other egg is peeping rocking and internally pipped.

Bumping because im really mot sure what to do. Im so stressed. I just wish my seramas would hatch. They are he inly 2 from the 12 shipped eggs that grew

jumpy.gif
I had a good hatch for Seramas! I have 10 lively new fuzzbuckets. The last egg pipped on the wrong end, took two days before I checked to see if it was ready and just stuck. At the emphatic insistence of the chick inside, I might add. Finally opened the egg when I saw he wasn't using the membrane and found that it still had not pulled in all of the yolk. Set him in a bowl with a damp towel and went to bed.
He was running around the incubator the next morning with the yolk still out. Sigh
roll.png
But he had been insisting the whole time that he was NOT an invalid so I put him in the brooder with the others. He is still doing really well. He is only half the size of the other Seramas, which is saying something. Can't wait to see what it becomes.

Bumping because im really mot sure what to do. Im so stressed. I just wish my seramas would hatch. They are he inly 2 from the 12 shipped eggs that grew
For the day 23 eggs with no signs of life, put a pip into the big end. Listen for chirping after that and wait a couple of hours. If nothing still, carefully peal the eggs open from the big end. Watch for blood when you get to the membrane. It is rare but sometimes there will be a live one still.

Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom