The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be hatching, too! Although our hatches (2) are planned for a *bit* earlier...as we do every year, our hatches and the subsequent 8 weeks of the chicks' lives, 24/7 with sound, will be webbroadcast on our Chickam UStream channel.

So even though we'll miss the Easter Hatch A Long, if you guys want to watch chicks hatching on 3-21 & 21 and again on 3-27 & 28 to whet your appetites for cute fuzzies and get ya all revved up for your own hatches, please join us!
jumpy.gif
More info and links here on my chicken site: http://jackshenhouse.com/Chickam.htm

We'll be hatching some of our own mixed flock chicken eggs and some I'm getting online that sound like cute mixes for the first hatch, I haven't decided what breeds for the second one!

Happy Chooks, I'm PMing you about donating some stuff for prizes!

I'm in!! I'll have some mixed, purebred chickens, duck mixes and hopefully some turkeys too!! I've have been so looking forward to this year!

I have become a hatch-aholic
droolin.gif
, which does not sit well with DH. I have a rather large (for us) bunch setting in the incubator for Valentines plus a slightly smaller bunch of day old chicks arriving by the end of the month. Without an attached garage or special quarantine coop the little peepers usually quarantine in various places within the house. All that peeping will drive DH a bit
he.gif
"crazy."

Oh well, I was planning an "educational" hatch for the kids homeschool project. No date has yet been set, however, March 14 about noon sounds like a good setting time.
clap.gif
Hehehe. Now, to procure some eggs. Maybe a few breeds we don't yet have. I'm in! ... I mean the kids are in. Yeah, that sounds good.
lau.gif

Last edited:
I'm in! A big group of my extended family is coming for Easter and we already talked about setting eggs to hatch for the little ones. Such a fun learning experience for them!! I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom