The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i was thinking about buying a cabinet gqf incubator....any thoughts...i have heard bad reviews from some people saying the motors fail....any suggestions...i do like the coolerbators .....just would like something more automated and precise...

In Tennessee in the midst of an ice storm. We are hopefully getting to a balmy 30 today for the high temperature of the week. Going to be single digits and negative numbers for actual lows the rest of the week. The chickens that came out today are ice encrusted. It is supposed to rain ice for 6 more hours. We already have about 1/2 inch. Even the interstates are closed right now. The joy of winter.

I think I am going to hatch duck eggs this year for the hatchalong I have done chickens several times and Im just afraid they will not be picked up by March but I have never hatched ducks are they essentially the same, harder etc? Any tips appreciated
big_smile.png

I think I am going to hatch duck eggs this year for the hatchalong I have done chickens several times and Im just afraid they will not be picked up by March but I have never hatched ducks are they essentially the same, harder etc? Any tips appreciated
big_smile.png
Mist them lightly once a day, beginning at day 7. Stop misting around day 25. It simulates the mother duck going for a swim and coming back with moist feathers. In ducks, the extra moisture changes the permeability of the membranes and aids in evaporation. Otherwise, duck eggs are essentially a basic 28 day incubation.
smile.png

Mist them lightly once a day, beginning at day 7. Stop misting around day 25. It simulates the mother duck going for a swim and coming back with moist feathers. In ducks, the extra moisture changes the permeability of the membranes and aids in evaporation. Otherwise, duck eggs are essentially a basic 28 day incubation.
smile.png
Awesome thank you! I am doing some reading now but I have never had bad advice on a backyardchicken board =)

Ordered my first selection of eggs to incubate for the HAL!
celebrate.gif

I am really nervous about getting them shipped in considering how terrible the weather has been. Hopefully the weather will break before March when they are due to be shipped! I will need to decide on a few more breeds before the set date in order to fill my incubators though!

big_smile.png
Be prepared, ducklings are very messy(they'll start playing with their water). Extremely cute though. The humidity is generally higher.

Be prepared, ducklings are very messy(they'll start playing with their water). Extremely cute though. The humidity is generally higher.
My friend raises ducks and they ducklings crack me up when they reach the toddler age and play with the water bowls too cute! I have a 3 yo son who acts like a duckling he is a mess all the time
gig.gif
so they should be good buddies! Now I just need to figure out the type of want. Its between khakis and muscovys though I am seeing a lot of horror stories on hatching muscovys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom