The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a strawberry container so it has holes around the bottom edges and top edges. The styrofoam egg cartons are cut out on the bottom. Is that enough?

I wanted to put in another container to separate breeds but the other container was a little taller and was touching the heating element
1f612.png

Take that top off.. at least I would. :/

so day 18 is today for the eggs i set the 14th...does this mean seramas go on lockdown too if they were set the 16th?

and i set another egg the 15th, so it on day 17 now...would it be ok just to move it to lockdown too?

I have a question about upping the humidity. I tried just adding more water to the bottom of the incubator, however, it never seems to get above about 47%. Does anyone have other methods they have used??

We

We have a welsummer roo, and a bunch of dual purpose hens. This is the first time we have done meat birds with our own eggs. We have no idea how this will go.

Do you plan to put the males in the freezer and sell the females? Or are they all for eating purposes.

We put almost all our males we hatch in the freezer on occasion older hens.

I have a question about upping the humidity. I tried just adding more water to the bottom of the incubator, however, it never seems to get above about 47%. Does anyone have other methods they have used??

I love a sponge, a new one. Or, a new wash cloth. Some don't mind using a clean one. Be careful not to get any condensation on the windows. Too high then. :)

More surface area of water vs. just more water. I lay a wash cloth over the bottom of my bator (homemade cooler bater) with the edge in a long flat container. I put water in that container and it is soaked up and distributed over a large surface by the washcloth. I can keep my humidity around 60/65 that way if the cloth isn't over saturated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom