The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone! :frow Happy Easter! Hugs! :)

I do apologize I haven't been on here to congratulate everyone. I was having a hard time as it was keeping up before hatching time on this thread. I loved all the pics! :) I am so happy for each of you that were able to hatch out chicks. Congratulations! :highfive: :DFor those who weren't, my heart goes out to you, too ( I lost my only chick out of 21 that hatched out for this contest to a feeder mistake). I feel your pain/loss. BUT, we still have our incubators! We can set more! :hugs

After hearing about all the sickness, we now have it too. :th I hope this Zicam will work for me. :) My kids have been carrying around vomit bowls. :sick

My house is chirping with 30 meaties we got in. :jumpy However, the best part of today is being able to celebrate. We as a family have a lot to be thankful for concerning today's celebration....me specifically! We will soon be getting ready to go to a cantata to listen to why we are able to live free. Happy Easter! :D

Last edited:
Out of 19 that went into lockdown 16 have hatched. 2 more trying to get out of their eggs still. 1 egg with no action so far. What's the odds of hatching out ALL roosters? lol. I think mine all look like roosters as far as I can tell by online pics of how to sex Dominiques. The lighting makes my chicks look brown in pics but they are really black. My daughter said this one looks like Einstein. Some of my 100% rooster hatch. Jk. But I'm seriously thinking I have a lot of roos. I think things have gone pretty well considering a lot of my eggs had been fridged for up to 2 weeks, they were pullet eggs, my rooster had been gone for over 2 weeks the last few days worth of eggs I set, this was my first time doing this, and I used a Little Giant 9300.
A special congratulations to you for such a great hatch with an LG. And congratulations to everyone on your hatch. :)

Has anyone had eggs hatch 4 days after everyone else was finished? All my eggs hatched on day 20 & 21 (by 3pm). I have 15 eggs left and nothing. No wobble, pip, chirp, nothing.......

I did three days late, but it was in very cold weather of winter and under a broody hen.

Out of 18 eggs, 14 were fertile. 11 hatched.

I was not in this competition but I got two chicks this morning!! My husband messed up his days when he put them in. I'm super excited just to wake up to chirping and having two babies so far. I hear another one trying to make it's way out. Happy Easter.

2 OE are out, and the one SFH is zipping. I am hoping that some of the 14 remaining eggs will show signs of life and want to join the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom