The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on my last two babies. Helped the malpositioned chick because it made little progress and the membrane was getting dry.

Meanwhile, my five other chicks are doing great! I've got pics of my favorites.

I believe this funky guy is a partridge showgirl.

It looks bearded to me (I only had one silkie before from MPC and it had a very unimpressive beard so I might be bad at identifying characteristics of these guys).

Silkie mix that might lay blue eggs... so I guess we could call it an EE?

This one was born first and seems the least afraid of me. It's very quiet and calm, but seems to learn quicker than its nestmates. I love its yellow face!

Man, showgirls are so cute! Here's my white unbearded showgirl that my sister wants to call Goose-goose.

Sorry, I'm in my pajamas...

The other two are black silkies! Here's a group shot of them all.

Two more to go!! I think I have a white silkie and a black/dark silkie mix hatching next, judging by the few feathers poking out of the cracks.

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Last edited:
Official count is 4 babies. :( I feel horrible that I caused it. Oh well, at least I have 4 healthy babies for Easter.

This is Little Foot. :) Had to give her a little assistance as she got her not so little foot stuck in her pip hole and couldn't turn to zip. She's eating, drinking and playing with the rest.

Happy Easter everyone! !

Waiting on my last two babies. Helped the malpositioned chick because it made little progress and the membrane was getting dry.

Meanwhile, my five other chicks are doing great! I've got pics of my favorites.

I believe this funky guy is a partridge showgirl.

It looks bearded to me (I only had one silkie before from MPC and it had a very unimpressive beard so I might be bad at identifying characteristics of these guys).

Silkie mix that might lay blue eggs... so I guess we could call it an EE?

This one was born first and seems the least afraid of me. It's very quiet and calm, but seems to learn quicker than its nestmates. I love its yellow face!

Man, showgirls are so cute! Here's my white unbearded showgirl that my sister wants to call Goose-goose.

Sorry, I'm in my pajamas...

The other two are black silkies! Here's a group shot of them all.

Two more to go!! I think I have a white silkie and a black/dark silkie mix hatching next, judging by the few feathers poking out of the cracks.

Happy Easter everyone!
smile.png
I am soooo jealous!! I love the showgirls!!!!

I have 56 in the brooder so far. New chicks have hatched in the incubator. Can't find the paper I wrote on of what I sat.
there is N/N chicks
cochin bantams
wheaten marans
white marans
my ranch marans , head master is a old splash marans roo
legbars
could a cuckoo marans or 2 in there.
there is a few wheaten ameraucana in there My roo was shoot a lot of blanks. He has since took a home with someone else ( AUCTION yard sale) I think there was at least 30 un fertile from this chicken. Wish the fox would have ate him instead of my beautiful blue wheaten roo.
Golden Brahmas too. lost my old roo yesterday. but I have his son as a replacement. Thank God for that....
Purchase a beautiful Wheat Ameraucana I named him Carmichael because That is where I had to drive to get him...
I'll have a finally count later today or tomorrow morning
We are having a family dinner at 1.00 encluding my x. So I better get all my chores done.
Happy Easter everyone across the country It has been a hoot listening to everyone....
Bye for now. I am sure by the time I get back I'll be 20 pages behind again.
off to chores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom