The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: I just did the rest of mine that had not hatched. And two were early quitters and one is still iffy.

Just hooked up my other fan so hoping things will go back they way they were!
fl.gif

Ive had 2 eggs pip internally yesterday morning and i still have nothing feom them...is there a problem? My seramas still arent pipped either!

20/25 chicks have hatched! I still have 5 in the incubator. 4 don't even have a pip and 1 looks like it quit after unzipping a third of the way. It's not moving and I don't hear any chirping and its been a while
1f614.png
Don't lose faith. I had one like that, it took almost 7 hrs before it zipped again. Sing some chicken songs to it:) or simply snap your fingers/tap at the bator for a few minutes.

My total hatch is 23 out of 48 eggs and those were the 23 that made it to lock down

Don't lose faith. I had one like that, it took almost 7 hrs before it zipped again. Sing some chicken songs to it:) or simply snap your fingers/tap at the bator for a few minutes.

Oh wow 7 hours?! This one isn't moving or chirping
1f614.png
. It looks like the membrane is drying up too... I will try some chirping songs!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Congrats everyone on their hatches and good luck to everyone who is waiting on theirs.

I had 5 more hatch this morning bringing my total to 40 of the 52 that went to lock-down. 3 more have pipped and hatch day for 6 is not till tomorrow. So still hopeful!

Oh wow 7 hours?! This one isn't moving or chirping
1f614.png
. It looks like the membrane is drying up too... I will try some chirping songs!
If the membrane is turning yellow, then take him out and help. Remaining 4 have not pipped anyways so you won't hurt anything.

I had reserved some chicks at the feedstore, assuming my usual hatch. I am thinking now that I should cancel that, rather than mix an unknown in with my chicks. I am just so flabbergasted that they hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom