The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do I need to do to help this weak chick? It can't stand and has been laying on its side for 2 hours now. I have a second one just like it. They are getting trampled by the others.

What do I need to do to help this weak chick? It can't stand and has been laying on its side for 2 hours now. I have a second one just like it. They are getting trampled by the others.

I had one like that except it was layed out on its back for hours. I thought it would for sure die but it's doing well now and is in the brooder with the others.

Last edited:

Personally I would take the other's out and move them to the brooder and give these guys time to see if they strengthen up. (Then again, I remove my chicks as they hatch, cause I'm one of THOSE people...lol)

Mine tend to do that when they first hatch I just pull out the fluffy ones and wait till it sands normally takes a few hours

HELP!! My two chicks are pecking each other!! I know they are trying to establish "pecking order" but the younger one actually started to bleed so we split them up. They almost look like they are battling, they stand up all tall and stare each other down. I really need help because I don't want to keep them seperate. I tried some feather sexing and they look like females. I really am worried. Do I do anything for Thin Mints bleeding? It is on the beak. Please help me!!

good thing someone prodded me to put in 10 LATE HAL eggs, of those 10, 6 went to lockdown, 4 have hatched today and another is unzipping now, the last shows no movement inside-so it gave up in the last few days. of my original entrys-i think something over 55 eggs (have to do the numbers later) i have 3 that hatched, and two of those are smaller and weaker than they should be. All expensive silkie 18 eggs from that fancy breeder on ebay perished or didnt start (plus he sent a bad (old quitter) egg in the mix)-do people not candle their eggs before they ship? All my Easter peeps are D'uccles from my own stock.

As of now we had 14 hatch, but lost one of those during zipping, and another drowned in the brooder. So we have 12 out with one being an SFH which I am real happy about!
14 unresponsive eggs remain, which I may candle here in a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom