The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Approaching 24 hours since I noticed the first pip and this is as far as progressed. Plenty of cheeping, but not much pRogress Since last night.

Thanks for the water candling info. I just did my remaining 7, 4 did not move but the other three did so here's hoping they pip soon. :)

Approaching 24 hours since I noticed the first pip and this is as far as progressed. Plenty of cheeping, but not much pRogress Since last night.
In my opinion, that chicks needs some attention. That membrane does not look good. I would pull it out, wet the membrane, enlargen the pip hole and see if that membrane is as dried to that chick as it looks to me... but I am also a meddler.
idunno.gif

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in elsewhere too. That egg in the corner that you can clearly see the air cell marking... (again, in my opinion) that last marking looks really small for an 18 day air cell. To me it looks more like a day 14 air cell. If it's not a marking for day 18 then just tell me to shut up.)
wink.png

Last edited:
In my opinion, that chicks needs some attention. That membrane does not look good. I would pull it out, wet the membrane, enlargen the pip hole and see if that membrane is as dried to that chick as it looks to me... but I am also a meddler. :idunno  
I'm going to throw my 2 cents in elsewhere too. That egg in the corner that you can clearly see the air cell marking... (again, in my opinion) that last maarking looks really small for an 18 day air cell. To me it looks more like a day 14 air cell. If it's not a marking for day 18 then just tell me to shut up.) ;)

That's what I was thinking. I've had a hard timebeing the humidity, I think it the cheap Chinese incubator, but I haven't been able to get it above 56%

How does one wet the membrane?

One of mine were like rhis for quite some time yesterday. I thought it was shrink wraped, but dropped some water in the pip. Made me feel better but im not sure what te water did. Lol i would wait another 4 hours and than assist if theres no progress.

It ended up hatching this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom