The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: If you have pictures you can enter them if they haven't been entered in other contests.
smile.png

These are my hatch results, bottom line - 97 chicks hatched!

Turkeys, 4 set 0 hatched
Guineas, 6 set, 3 hatched
Rhodebars, 6 set 5 hatched
Welsummers, 51 set, 29 hatched
Black Sexlinks, 33 set, 23 hatched
Black Copper Marans, 20 set, 19 hatched
BBS Ameraucanas, 21 set, 14 hatched
Olive Eggers (WS x CCL), 18 set, 4 hatched
New Hampshires under broody, 0 hatched, appear to be infertile
wish my marans would hatch that good. I had a lot of chicks not get out of shell. whats your method of hatching on them ? My wheaten marans hatch pretty good but the blue and blacks not so well. The mebrain is so thick they just dont seem to get out

I lost my one SFH chick yesterday, which was a real bummer. The other 11 (BCM's and OE's) are doing great.

Final count 4 total out of 15 but I took this hatch as a learning experience with this new incubator. Hoping for better results next time around.

ok, it's the finale of egg hatching days today (for us anyway) started with 12 that cost us £2 from some local guy. one got broken going in to the incubator, I crushed 2 viables with the automatic turner, 2 were duds, one I have left in the incubator after breaking open the air pocket to find a living creature surrounded by fluid. I have left it there but am not including it as I don't think it will survive. it looks weird.
final chick left it's shell today so I have 6 out of 12.
I may not be a winner in this competition, however I did win one with my daughter, she said 3 would survive, I said 8. as there were 6 I won.
she has to completely clean house and go collect firewood whilst I sit back and eat cake!
some competitions were designed to be won by me!

Since I didn't separate any of my birds this spring, I am only hatching out barnyard mixes, which are great for egg laying, but my kids want to show at the fair, so I need some pure breeds. Is there a hatchery that is more reputable for having good quality birds?? The local fleet store has a pretty poor reputation and their birds are not very good quality... I would consider purchasing hatching eggs as well, since I like having a rooster for each breed I have...

Hatch Results- not sure if I was supposed to post them. Sorry, I probably didn't follow this thread as closely as I should have. Lots going on...

Set 30 birchen Marans eggs to hatch (posted that part already)
Temps shot up to 112 one day, ahhhh!!
Amazingly 11 still hatched
2 were...white
hmm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom