The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait to see if the duck goes back to the eggs. They can sit for several hours and be just fine. The water will not hurt them either.

I was worried because it's soaked and only 50 degrees outside right now. Thank you for responding

She still isn't laying on them
Still? I would go put them in the bator until rain stops, then back to the nest. see if she will return to them tomorrow. It's a thought, but then, that may upset her and she not return? I just can't imagine leaving those eggs out there as it gets cooler and cooler.

I fill a small cup or bowl with very warm water and place the chick in to soak it's butt. After a few minutes soaking the crusty stuff comes right off. Occasionally, the chick need a 2nd soak & rinse. Afterwards, I dry it off real good with a towel or paper towel. You could also use a blow dryer to dry the chick, I just never have.

ALL OF US HERE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A BIG SHOUT OUT ~
THANK YOU ~ TO OUR MODS HERE
WHAT A GREAT JOB DONE HERE!

free-range-chickens.jpg

Still?  I would go put them in the bator until rain stops, then back to the nest. see if she will return to them tomorrow.    It's a thought, but then, that may upset her and she not return?  I just can't imagine leaving those eggs out there as it gets cooler and cooler.  

I brought them in, candled them and put them in the incubator, they were cold to the touch. I set the temperature for 90 so they don't have such a jump in temperature so fast, how long should I wait to bump up the temperature to 100? It's a still air incubator. While candling I tossed one and the others have veins but no movement so I'll check on them once their temperature rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom