The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Thanks Ron.
smile.png

I have 2 large Premier ones and 1 small one and I LOVE them. The ecoglow was the first one I got and it has had several leg problems. They have already replaced it once. From now on I'm sticking with the premier one plates. I really like the small one I just got. It fits in my brooder better. I also got the nipple drinker they just put in the catalog that sits on top of the brooder plate. The chicks started using it at 2 days old. Sitting on top of the brooder plate keeps it warm and it stays clean. Somebody at Premier one is thinking!

Wow, i didn't know about the nipple drinker. Will have to look into that.

Yeah, she is the only one I have, but she is probably not "heritage" although I don't know for sure. She is friendly and lays almost every day.
If you got her from a hatchery or a feed store than she isn't Heritage, also most backyard breeders will have hatchery Barred Rocks as well. If you got her from a reputable breeder source that breeds to the proposed Standard than she is Standard bred, also referred to as Heritage. Here are my pullets from today And my cockerels Cockerel 1 my main guy and cockerel 2 my back up .
OMG beautiful birds
1f60a.png

I cannot keep up at all! I'm pages and pages behind.

@chattery41 Cathy, I am glad you discovered you had a bad appendicts before it ruptured! Hope for a speedy recovery. Careful toting water to our flock!
hugs.gif

My Ecoglow brooder plate failed last night. It was about 60 degrees in the room and the chicks were one day old. I lost 3 of them.
hit.gif
I was able to revive the rest with warm water and a premier one plate that wasn't in use. This is another first for me. That thing should still be under warranty so I am going to be calling about that.

I figure I have time for one more set of eggs before the Easter Hatch along and my shipped eggs come. This will be my 3rd test hatch since deciding to do the hatch along...I would have not known the brooder plate was bad except for the test hatch...Yeah, that's the story I will tell...All of these "test" chickens are necessary to check out the equipment...
idunno.gif

Got to go get distilled water.
yesss.gif
I can't keep up either. So sorry about your lost chicks.
hugs.gif
I bet it is the transformer that blew on the EcoGlow. They are not good in low temps. If Brinsea won't replace it, I can tell you where to get a new one for much less than Brinsea wants, thanks to @ronott1 !
yesss.gif

@Chaos18 Congratulations on winning the sign!

I've got 3 so far and several pipped!!! I'm so happy!!!
263a.png
1f643.png
1f642.png
1f60a.png
Congratulations!
clap.gif

Oh no ! I'm so sorry
hit.gif
hugs.gif
I think these plates need to come with an alarm so we know when it quits ! If we're gonna pay for the things anyway i would pay a couple extra $'s for some kind of alarm. Good luck with the warranty, ask them about replacing ur chicks too.
barnie.gif

@chattery41 I hope you are feeling better soon. Great idea for the alarm!

I made my own waterer for above the EcoGlow. I have been using it for over a year and would never go back to an open water source. It keeps the brooder so much drier and cleaner. The chicks take to it right away.

Back
Top Bottom