The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

My little white silkie is broody, pretty sure. She has been making that sound, She growled at me last night when I did one last check for an egg from her before bedtime because I didn't get an egg..and today, she was to bed pretty early. Touched her..up went the whole body of feathers, and she growled again. Cute, I haven't had a broody in a while. I knew it was time. Those silkies of mine will lay for about a month and a half to two months, then go broody. There was an egg under her. One of Bubbas. Just ate a couple of her eggs this morning..they are still fertile! I just left it there. See what happens. I think I know what happens when you leave fertile eggs under a broody hen.
big_smile.png
Just hoping this one is fertile.
If mothergoose can get those eggs off tomorrow like she was advertising..that would work too. Put a few under her.
Ordering those eggs is Sally's fault. I have been looking for bantam eggs, then I see all of these places that she posted..yes, I had been on the sale site, but there it was when I clicked on Sally's post. mothergoose had posted it since I last looked..yesterday.

Will do. Crossing fingers that they do well. I have never ordered from that area before.
I was just looking at Dicks website last night and was admiring his birds. I have heard good things about him and his birds. I hope you have a wonderful hatch with beautiful chicks.

this chicken is on Ebay . they are calling it a Ameraucana but I think its a Easter Egg a very beautiful one. I believe his color is not a recognized color as a ameraucana.
love his white beard. They show nice blue eggs and hens all mostly the same color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Amerauca...65611e&pid=100012&rk=1&rkt=10&sd=201523228780

This pops up underneath

Must be a sign!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fresh-Emu-E...efbba1f&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=182022313050

I was just looking at Dicks website last night and was admiring his birds. I have heard good things about him and his birds. I hope you have a wonderful hatch with beautiful chicks.

He is wonderful to work with!

Ordered some silver pencil rock from him yrs. ago. Eggs that is. They came very late! And most were broken. So, he sent more. Those didn't even show up...ever! He says, I'm just sending you some chicks!
This is what I got! P.O. couldn't ignore chirping! They made it to me.

Last edited:
He is wonderful to work with!

Ordered some silver pencil rock from him yrs. ago. Eggs that is. They came very late! And most were broken. So, he sent more. Those didn't even show up...ever! He says, I'm just sending you some chicks!
This is what I got! P.O. couldn't ignore chirping! They made it to me.

That's a bummer about the eggs but so awesome you got the chicks. Love them! Do you still have them, or pictures of them mature?

Back
Top Bottom