The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I'm also doing wheaten ameraucana x leghorn! Can't wait to see the match-up!! Beautiful eggs! Happy hatching.

Cool!
thumbsup.gif
Are you doing these for the hatch-along, or do you already have some cooking?
wink.png
Do you have a Leghorn Rooster, or a Wheaten rooster? Mine is a Wheaten AM rooster over Leghorn hens. I know sometimes the same cross but with opposite sexes can have different results. If we happen to be using opposite crosses we will have to compare results to see if there is any difference!
smile.png

On another subject, does anyone know what the optimal turning frequency is for an automatic turner?
idunno.gif
My Ova-Easy 190 has the option to turn from every 30 minutes to every 3 hours! It was set on 3 hours (180 min) when I turned it on (where the previous owner had it I guess) and so I have left it for now, but I wonder if a more frequent turning would be better? When I hand turned I only turned 3 x per day, and it seemed to work fine, and at every 3 hours around the clock that would be at least 8 x per day. Anyone have experience or an opinion on this?

I've ordered my quail eggs. I may have to start them a day late to give them the rest time needed. I was waiting for the Mad Hatcher from GA to post again because I wanted the shorter distance and milder weather than those that were from Maine, Pennsylvania and Washington state.

I will be hatching 1 dozen eggs that I won from the MPC giveaway along with my Rhodebars, barnyard mix and my one goose egg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom