The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Me too...... Screwed up dont even begin to describe it!! While you may hear about somebody's uncle's cousin's sister that was able to get 10% of the eggs to hatch with no idea what they were doing, I don't think it happens much. More often you hear the tales about how awful the first try was.
gig.gif

-Banti

It's usually the ones that just throw some eggs in a box on top of something warm and get like 60% to hatch that you hear about. I wasn't nearly that lucky.

Hey all! Finally home, all kids in bed and sat down for a minute!! Long day - haven't caught up on posts but wanted to update on my daughter. So I feel like we got decent news but still aren't out of the woods just yet. (Which is making me a nervous wreck!!) The enlarged node hasn't grown anymore according to the doctor BUT it hasn't gotten any smaller either. And she has some other odd symptoms that have been ongoing throughout this.
The oncologist wants to see her again in 2 months to see if the node is still this swollen or if it's gotten larger - if either are the case, then she'll have to have an excisional biopsy of the entire node. We're hoping it shrinks back down before her May appt. He also told me if her symptoms worsen or it grows noticeably larger BEFORE May, then we need to come in sooner.

So...kind of left not feeling super great because it's so open ended still but we're optimistic!
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers...her oncologist is 2 hours away so we had a long day.
Time to play catch up, read some posts and candle my day 10 air cells!!!
Oh gosh, many prayers your way. I hope things continue to go well for all of you!

Me too...... Screwed up dont even begin to describe it!! While you may hear about somebody's uncle's cousin's sister that was able to get 10% of the eggs to hatch with no idea what they were doing, I don't think it happens much. More often you hear the tales about how awful the first try was. :gig
-Banti

Oh boy lol now I'm worried!!! I will say I had the one blood ring last night (& 1 clear...maybe two but I'm giving it a bit longer to be sure) but all the other eggs seemed to have great development! Great blood vessels and movement (which is so amazing to me!)

So let's hope I don't botch this lol time will tell!!! Luckily I've got 3 kids to keep me and my mind occupied!
1f631.png
1f602.png

Oh boy lol now I'm worried!!! I will say I had the one blood ring last night (& 1 clear...maybe two but I'm giving it a bit longer to be sure) but all the other eggs seemed to have great development! Great blood vessels and movement (which is so amazing to me!)

So let's hope I don't botch this lol time will tell!!! Luckily I've got 3 kids to keep me and my mind occupied!
1f631.png
1f602.png

Well, you got development, so you are MUCH further than I got. :p

Ok. Directed to the question about the Roos feet. Looks like curled toe. How old is he?? You can sometimes fix at a young age but older idk.

Last edited:
I have a question. I have a roo who has weird feet. Any idea why his feet look like this?

It's easier to see on the deck. Sorry my phone was misbehaving.
Has it been like this since he hatched? If so it could be any number of things. Might have been from incubation or could be genetic or it could be from a deficiency of some kind when he was little.

Last edited:
Is it too late to join this HAL?

I set 24 eggs on the 4th, that should be hatching on Friday March 25th. Didn't realize when Easter was this year!
I pulled 4 infertile eggs last Friday and have a few more that questionable fertility. Marans!

Back
Top Bottom