The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

3 little NN's.
smile.png
Yay!!! and ewwwwwww....I really, really don't like naked necks.....

I have to confess something... this morning I took my 4 week old chicks and moved them outside so that I can clean out the brooder for the HAL chicks. I promised my other half that I wouldn't set any more eggs for awhile, but when I collected them this morning there was a really perfect EE egg and... and... I WROTE THE DATE ON IT AND I PUT IT IN AN EGG CARTON AIR CELL UP AND I'M GOING TO SET MORE EGGS AND GET IN TROUBLE AND I DON'T CAAAAAAAAAAARE!

wee.gif
SET ALL THE EGGS!
wee.gif

I've lost my mind is what I'm trying to say. I never thought I'd grow up to be a completely insane chicken lady, but here I am, killing it.
lau.gif

I have to confess something... this morning I took my 4 week old chicks and moved them outside so that I can clean out the brooder for the HAL chicks. I promised my other half that I wouldn't set any more eggs for awhile, but when I collected them this morning there was a really perfect EE egg and... and... I WROTE THE DATE ON IT AND I PUT IT IN AN EGG CARTON AIR CELL UP AND I'M GOING TO SET MORE EGGS AND GET IN TROUBLE AND I DON'T CAAAAAAAAAAARE!

wee.gif
SET ALL THE EGGS!
wee.gif

I've lost my mind is what I'm trying to say. I never thought I'd grow up to be a completely insane chicken lady, but here I am, killing it.
woot.gif
Welcome to the hatching addiction!

Quote: If your hygrometer is calibrated, that should be fine. I usually run mine between 55-65%.

I will be setting the Pita Pinta eggs in the Brinsea. I have a humidity pump so I change the setting to 65% and am done!

The other incubator is a Genesis 1588. I will have to add water to the tray and hope it gets up to 65%. It is a bit more fiddly for shue!

I will be setting the Pita Pinta eggs in the Brinsea. I have a humidity pump so I change the setting to 65% and am done!

The other incubator is a Genesis 1588. I will have to add water to the tray and hope it gets up to 65%. It is a bit more fiddly for shue!
It's funny, the table I have my Brinsea on is NOT QUITE level. And when I set mine for 65% with the humidity pump, it LEAKS. The pump runs constantly and I have a flooded table and a puddle on the floor. I use a level to check the bator before I up the humidity now.

Put mine into lockdown this morning and just peeked at them. Sorry for bad picture lots of reflection . I adjusted the contrast.
Bantam egg piping.

My first batch of 8 that made it to lockdown has started early. They wee due tomorrow evening. 1 barnyard hatched at 8:40am. 3 more were pipped and 2 of those are now zipping(1 polish & 1 barnyard). 6 more go to lockdown tomorrow but I might just do it tonight given the earlyness of these.

Back
Top Bottom