The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

You can find out if your area has blackhead thru your local extension office.

I keep turkeys and chickens in the same pen and brooder when they are babies.

To my knowledge my turkey haven't given my chickens any thing.

But I think I lost some turkeys because of chickens. Mainly cocci.
Thanks! I'll have to look up our extension office and give them a call tomorrow (if they are open).

well someone brought me 12 mallard duck eggs today they said the mom and dad later then at their little pond by the pool and never came back to them. So they have them to me to hatch. Any info on hatching them I'm new to ducks chickens are my expertise

You didn't mention it, but if they're wild mallards, they're illegal for you to have (see section 2 here). Unless you know a wildlife rehabber you can hand them off to once they're hatched it's better if you don't hatch them, as sad as that sounds. You don't want to get into legal trouble.

If that's not the case, then you pretty much want to incubate them like chickens. They just take a week longer to hatch.

Last edited:
You didn't mention it, but if they're wild mallards, they're illegal for you to have. Unless you know a wildlife rehabber you can hand them off to once they're hatched it's better if you don't hatch them, as sad as that sounds. You don't want to get into legal trouble.

If that's not the case, then you pretty much want to incubate them like chickens. They just take a week longer to hatch.

Ooh. This is making me sad.

Ohh, great, early again. Hopefully they don't take three days to all get hatched again.
Can running too dry during first 18 days, or using older eggs cause some to hatch early?

Back
Top Bottom