The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Thank you for your reply about the fan. I pt it back together hopefully it is right. the temperature is fine . So maybe its right. Sure a clear and clean .
PS have chicks popping out like popcorn in the Dickie bator.....

Well it's a puzzling day here I keep watch out for a pip next thing I see is a chick from an egg that didn't have a pip 30 minutes before!! Messing with me but already happy with the ones I have I have so far 6 EEs one Dom and 3 buffs and more on the way

Same here today. Early this morn I told DW and the kids it was starting, check out back left corner, the piped egg was still there. Later still there, and two chicks all the sudden! Then more! Hrs later that one still didn't progress. I opened just a crack and gave it just a little squeeze, wasn't zipping, was out soon after. Still not a lot of action on many, only the eight still, one more pip progressing, see what we have in the morning.

OK, I removed 10 eggs early on because they never started developing. Today so far 5 chicks and a duck have hatched and all rest are pipped.
jumpy.gif
1 turkey and 1 duck died after zipping. The turkey"s beak got glued to the shell from the goo and the duck pipped in the middle of the egg. It seemed to be doing OK, but then just died.
sad.png

I'm at 3 hatched, 1 zipping, and several pips.

Here are the Sebrights

Here is the Porcelain D'Uccle.

I set these LATE on Friday - so these are very early. I had a few late hatch last time, so I upped the temps by .5 I'm going to lower it now....

For the Brinsea question...the fan SUCKED the tissue up toward the fan. That was on my 20, which is running with nothing in it. So, I checked it.

I find when I clean mine, the fan only likes to sit on the pegs a certain way. But that's on my 40's. I've only had the 20 for a few weeks, and haven't cleaned it that thoroughly yet.
Rechecked the fan after reading your post. The fan blew away the tissue from the fan. So I Change it real fast to where it sucked it up . Thanks everyone for all the help....

This isn't a post I keep up with. But, I set 15 spitzhauben eggs on the 25th. I have 3 out under heat lamp. Then I have 7 or 8 more pips. I have a hen with 10 or 11 eggs. I heard a chirp late this afternoon. I have 2 more hens that were set the next day then the next day. My 3 broody hens 11, 11, 10 eggs. I'm just not sure which 1 is which. The 3 hens are sisters. Daddy is a cream legbar x biel cross. Mamma was a barred rock.

5 chicks hatched. Last one is pipped and alive, but the hen left it to go sit on the 5 in a different spot. My husband put it in the incubator. One got pecked in the head. I'm out of town for 2 more days and my husband is kind of clueless, so who knows what I'll come home to.

From a guy in North Carolina. Hatched during last years NY Hal. 2016
Fell asleep late response.
lau.gif
The did sound familiar!

I fear that these chicks will start hatching over night and will keep me awake...little buggers! I do have them in the closet with the door shut so if they are not too noisy I will be ok.

5 chicks hatched. Last one is pipped and alive, but the hen left it to go sit on the 5 in a different spot. My husband put it in the incubator. One got pecked in the head. I'm out of town for 2 more days and my husband is kind of clueless, so who knows what I'll come home to.
fl.gif
I hope they will be fine when you get home

Back
Top Bottom