The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Here are the first 30 chicks!

The chick that pipped at the wrong end of the egg on day18, finished hatching last night, but died soon after hatching. It looked like it hadn't absorbed all of the yolk.
One other chick just hatched and two more have pips. I'm still waiting to see some action on the last three eggs.
All of these are Buff Orpingtons

The chick that pipped at the wrong end of the egg on day18, finished hatching last night, but died soon after hatching. It looked like it hadn't absorbed all of the yolk.
One other chick just hatched and two more have pips. I'm still waiting to see some action on the last three eggs.
All of these are Buff Orpingtons
Often there is a reason for pipping at the wrong end; something wrong with the chick.

I had one that was my mistake though--I had the egg in the wrong way! That chick hatched and was very healthy.

That's a LOT of chicks!!!  Adorable!!  Are you selling some of these?

I didn't think to take a picture of the 10 that I moved over last night - I added them to the week old chicks already tucked in for the night.  It was fun watching them tunnel their way under the other chicks.  

I have 5 more in the bator - I'll add them tonight and I'll try to get photos.  I think I got 4 more Golden Sebrights, and 1 more Porcelain D'Uccle.  But that is it for my hatch.  The two eggs I didn't think would hatch, didn't hatch.  Plus my 1 Joe egg didn't hatch.  No signs of like in Joe.  

I currently have NOTHING in the 3 Brinseas, although I have 8 or so dozen eggs ready to go in, or in transit on their way here.....But that means I have at least 21 days to get some of the babies in the bathroom OUTSIDE before the new chicks need a brooder.  
yes ill sell them, well most anyway. ill keep some for myself for layers

17 out of the 18 that made it to lock down. I started with 28- didn't know my old roo was having issues servicing the ladies. SO it look like my back up roo a light brahama was the under cover rock star.

Congratulations everyone on your hatchers! All these chick pics are
love.gif

I have 14 hatched as of now. All 10 Brahmas are out and so are 4 polish. Last two polish eggs are pipped so still waiting for action on those
pop.gif

This is one of the strangest hatches I have ever had and also strung out with that first chick hatching so early.
And what about the goose eggs?

I too have had a strange hatch. About 12 hours in between each one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom