The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS, I CAN'T GET ON TODAY, AND THEN WHEN I CAN, ALL OF THESE BABIES HAVE BEEN HATCHED!
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE WITH BABIES. SORRY IF SOME HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK. :(

MY FINAL COUNT WAS 17.

[COLOR=0000FF]OH MY GOODNESS, I CAN'T GET ON TODAY, AND THEN WHEN I CAN, ALL OF THESE BABIES HAVE BEEN HATCHED! [/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF]    CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE WITH BABIES.  SORRY IF SOME HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK.  :( [/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]        [/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]MY FINAL COUNT WAS 17.[/COLOR]

Mine was saying BYC is being worked on.

Here's 7 so far. 2 have died. 14 set. Will see what tomorrow brings.

One ran under mom while I was getting ready to shoot.

Last edited:
One viable egg left. I'm kinda sad none of them have been Brahmas. I won't be able to get eggs anytime soon. I did find out that the white egg was an Andalusian and I'm pretty happy about that.

My neighbor picked up 3 Andalusian chicks. Looks like she got a trio. They are the friendliest of the bunch of chicks she picked out.

DD took her little silkie on a field trip to the town Easter egg hunt today.
The line to see DD's silkie was just about as long as the line to see the Easter bunny. LOL

Here she is with the silkie in her little pet purse.

And what about the goose eggs? I too have had a strange hatch. About 12 hours in between each one.
Well...... the goose eggs are still looking good with 2/3 developing. I wasn't very confident setting them in the other incubator but they have got this far. Using this incubator has made me appreciate how much the Brinsea does for me. I have had to make notes to make sure I turn them enough, mist them and cool them down. I'm dreading lockdown and hatch as from what I read a lot of them need help to hatch. For me this will be going against the grain as I'm not in general a helper and like things to hatch on their own so we will see :/
BYC was down for me and when it came back up, it was stuck on an error php page :mad: I took another video of the Delaware chicks in the Genesis 1588 incubator Enjoy
Yes I couldn't get on yesterday evening and before I knew it bedtime had come round :( Great vid Ron!
No pips as of now
Any thing yet?
One viable egg left. I'm kinda sad none of them have been Brahmas. I won't be able to get eggs anytime soon. I did find out that the white egg was an Andalusian and I'm pretty happy about that.
It's a shame we don't live closer! :( On the Brahmas.
[COLOR=333333]DD took her little silkie on a field trip to the town Easter egg hunt today.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]The line to see DD's silkie was just about as long as the line to see the Easter bunny. LOL[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Here she is with the silkie in her little pet purse.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][/COLOR]
How cute!
Happy Easter to you too Cynthia :D

We had 6 successfully hatch. Went from 18 to 13 to the final 6. The remainders that were unhatched came from my friends flock. Not sure why those ones quit. Happy to have 6 perfect new babies.

Back
Top Bottom