The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

What kind of incubator do you have? You can partially cover a well with a piece of aluminum foil, or take out a sponge...

What are some way to lower the humidity in the bator? I tried rice in a sock, but no luck.

The eggs I set in it tomorrow will increase the humidity. I'm thinking lower it to 35-40% so that it will be at 45% until day 18 then increase to 50-55%

What kind of incubator do you have? You can partially cover a well with a piece of aluminum foil, or take out a sponge...
Deluxe 11300 Little Giant... it sucks but I'm forced to use it because I have eggs in my better bator.
I have both holes unplugged to decrease humidity but it seems to only rise.. 50% at the moment.

Thanks that's what I hoped for. Seems many like to be in the 30s so I started to worry.
Humidity is used to help with air cell growth\moisture loss. It is an average over incubation--first 18 days for chickens. The best thing to do is monitor the air cells. Older egg will have bigger air cells so they would need to start at a higher humidity. Then watch growth of the air cells like on this chart:

500x1000px-LL-70192437_aircellschickenwaterfowlturkey.gif

Adjust humidity as needed

Humidity is used to help with air cell growth\moisture loss. It is an average over incubation--first 18 days for chickens. The best thing to do is monitor the air cells. Older egg will have bigger air cells so they would need to start at a higher humidity. Then watch growth of the air cells like on this chart:

View attachment 1291854

Adjust humidity as needed
I think I understand, so assuming mid 40s is a bit high this should be good for the older eggs in my batch. Then evaluate at 7 days.

Back
Top Bottom