The Aloha Chicken Project

Pics
I came across this thread while reading up on Swedish Flower Hens. I love the colors! Seems WAY complicated, but really fun! I actually got SFH eggs before coming across this, and 14 of 15 eggs are developing! Excited to see what comes of this...I think I'm addicted!

I came across this thread while reading up on Swedish Flower Hens. I love the colors! Seems WAY complicated, but really fun! I actually got SFH eggs before coming across this, and 14 of 15 eggs are developing! Excited to see what comes of this...I think I'm addicted!

Welcome

to BYC.

yes welcome Bernie56, and enjoy the addiction
frow.gif

this is the one i was talking about with the circle on the top of the comb. i dont know if its roo or hen but the coloring is very nice with yellow legs so something to look forward to :)
same chick, different light.

an example of what most of the chickens look like as far as coloring goes. leg color is still a mixture of pinks, yellows, and a few greenish grayish, lol

a few of them have these nice white breast feathers. pinkish legs on them.

we have 2 with very white markings, and one more with a lot of white and black mixed in with the red, that one is my personal favorite and sadly i dont have a picture of it. this white one is my husbands favorite, he calls her marshmallow, and we hope its a girl.

by my understanding of what alohachicken wants this is one good looking chicken. nice color, yellow legs, very nice size compared to the others. but he/she has a complex. if you can tell, this is the only one of my chicks with a full tail. all the others have very little, or no tail feathers at all and this one is the culprit. its the meanest chicken i have which is too bad, cuz its probably going to be a great aloha.

and an updates picture of shelly, her feathers are starting to come in a little better.

over the past week i have been allowing the chicks out of their little coop during the day to wander around the yard and spend time in the kennel/coop. at night they always return to their little brooder coop where they still have one red light for heat. today i rehomed 6 chicks to a good friend down the street, so i can keep track of what they'll look like, she took mostly smallish pink leggers tho. i also sent her home with my little coop and tonight was the first night for my chicks to permanently stay in the kennel/coop. they were completely distraut! they had no idea where to sleep and i imagine wanted their comfy roosts near the light in their usual spot. even tho i eventually did put the light in the new coop, the roost is a little higher and there is so much more space it might be a little cooler, and there is no pine shavings on top of a wood floor, this floor is bare dirt ground. the chicks just wouldnt sleep and i was so worried that i had stressed them out too much. finally when i couldnt handle it anymore i took a large cardboard box out and put it near their light so they can sleep in there. hopefully it will make them feel more secure or something.

wow really? i just had an informative post with 6 pictures and nothing came through? maybe its running slow and something will be there by morning (but i doubt it) hello new world...

edit: when i "quote" my previous post i can see everything that was supposed to be posted. i'm going to just quote it and if it ends up being a double post i apologize...

Last edited:
repost:

this is the one i was talking about with the circle on the top of the comb. i dont know if its roo or hen but the coloring is very nice with yellow legs so something to look forward to :)
same chick, different light.

an example of what most of the chickens look like as far as coloring goes. leg color is still a mixture of pinks, yellows, and a few greenish grayish, lol

a few of them have these nice white breast feathers. pinkish legs on them.

we have 2 with very white markings, and one more with a lot of white and black mixed in with the red, that one is my personal favorite and sadly i dont have a picture of it. this white one is my husbands favorite, he calls her marshmallow, and we hope its a girl.

by my understanding of what alohachicken wants this is one good looking chicken. nice color, yellow legs, very nice size compared to the others. but he/she has a complex. if you can tell, this is the only one of my chicks with a full tail. all the others have very little, or no tail feathers at all and this one is the culprit. its the meanest chicken i have which is too bad, cuz its probably going to be a great aloha.

and an updates picture of shelly, her feathers are starting to come in a little better.

over the past week i have been allowing the chicks out of their little coop during the day to wander around the yard and spend time in the kennel/coop. at night they always return to their little brooder coop where they still have one red light for heat. today i rehomed 6 chicks to a good friend down the street, so i can keep track of what they'll look like, she took mostly smallish pink leggers tho. i also sent her home with my little coop and tonight was the first night for my chicks to permanently stay in the kennel/coop. they were completely distraut! they had no idea where to sleep and i imagine wanted their comfy roosts near the light in their usual spot. even tho i eventually did put the light in the new coop, the roost is a little higher and there is so much more space it might be a little cooler, and there is no pine shavings on top of a wood floor, this floor is bare dirt ground. the chicks just wouldnt sleep and i was so worried that i had stressed them out too much. finally when i couldnt handle it anymore i took a large cardboard box out and put it near their light so they can sleep in there. hopefully it will make them feel more secure or something.

he.gif
i give up. sorry. can you guys see something that i dont see?
i guess if you want to check out the pictures you can try to quote my blank posts. did i type too much? are there too many pictures? or is it just me not knowing how to use the new format?

Back
Top Bottom