The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
It stinks when you give Correct advice and knowledge and people say your wrong cause they don't even know. So to give wrong info is ok you say. Example you in your car and you get lost and you stop ask for directions and that person gives you incorrect info, now you realized he gave you bad info, directions and your still lost. So what did you learn the wrong information. What did you learn the wrong thing and still lost. I have seen some people put correct info up and other people say that's not right, how is that learning its not. I will keep all my knowledge to myself and I will never post again. Good luck My advice is if you have a problem Google it so your not mislead and lost.
Have a nice day a hug your chicken people
Ask yourself do you want incorrect information.......

Last edited:
We should all treat each other as friends.
Every voice is important here.

Everyone has knowledge worth hearing
Even me. And I know very little at this point.

Those who mean to do good and who leave can no longer be heard and we all loose when that happens.

Perhaps what chickenwingo is talking about is a species specific trait? He does work with unusual birds which are unfamiliar to most of us here. Just sayin

There is nothing wrong with experimentation and discovery either way.

Last edited:
Please stop telling him he's wrong. Didn't anyone look at the link?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/a-drop-in-temperature-can-change-the-sex-of-chickens-1238516.html

To summarize, it says a change in temperature during incubation can change genetically male chicks to appear and behave as female, including producing fertile eggs. The offspring of these genetically male chicks when mated with a normal male will always produce 100% male chicks, something apparently the meat industry finds advantageous.

I don't see sources cited on this article so I don't know if the article is valid or not. I do recall reading something similar for turkeys, so who know, maybe it is possible.

Hi all, happy to find this thread. In fact I didn't know we had another one since the last one was locked and I just pmed a mod to ask if I could start a new one - guess that's not necessary! I just picked up my birds from wolfwhyte on Friday. Here they are:

I am so looking forward to seeing them all grown up!

Very Nice ayam's from Wolf congrads you should be very proud, very proud Wish all people were as kind as the wolf.

Thank you good people for sticking up for what is right, God Bless If you have a question please pm me and I will do my best to get you the correct information you need to help you/chickens/ animals. Animals are better then people 100%.

Here watch this, you will be very happy and it will make your day, a great boy and his chickens it will choke you up.

Last edited:
Hi all, happy to find this thread. In fact I didn't know we had another one since the last one was locked and I just pmed a mod to ask if I could start a new one - guess that's not necessary! I just picked up my birds from wolfwhyte on Friday. Here they are:

I am so looking forward to seeing them all grown up!

You probably saw my cemani running around his farm. I have to wait 2 more weeks for mine to get old enough to weather the flight via next day air to NC. He won't send them until they are 6 weeks old. Until then I must live vicariously through you!
Post some more pictures!

Please stop telling him he's wrong. Didn't anyone look at the link?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/a-drop-in-temperature-can-change-the-sex-of-chickens-1238516.html

To summarize, it says a change in temperature during incubation can change genetically male chicks to appear and behave as female, including producing fertile eggs. The offspring of these genetically male chicks when mated with a normal male will always produce 100% male chicks, something apparently the meat industry finds advantageous.

I don't see sources cited on this article so I don't know if the article is valid or not. I do recall reading something similar for turkeys, so who know, maybe it is possible.
Well, if you go back and Read exactly what I wrote, you would see that I did not argue that fact.
I said the gender of a chick is determined when the egg is laid - not by the temperature in an incubator (because gender is determined prior to incubation.)
No where did I say you couldn't possibly change the gender of a chick after the egg is laid by changing the temp. (basically changing it to something else.)

You are saying changing the temperature can change male chicks to female (in less than 10% of the eggs)
That is believable. But the Fact is - the embryo's gender had already been decided upon when the egg was laid. Which was my point...

Well, if you go back and Read exactly what I wrote, you would see that I did not argue that fact.
I said the gender of a chick is determined when the egg is laid - not by the temperature in an incubator (because gender is determined prior to incubation.)
No where did I say you couldn't possibly change the gender of a chick after the egg is laid by changing the temp. (basically changing it to something else.)

You are saying changing the temperature can change male chicks to female (in less than 10% of the eggs)
That is believable. But the Fact is - the embryo's gender had already been decided upon when the egg was laid. Which was my point...

I agree, gender is determined before the egg is laid. Yet those few 10% modified male chicks will appear female in every way (if I read the article correctly). Who among is is qualified to know they aren't true females?

I remember reading as well that hens have a tendency to produce same gender chicks, that a specific hen will produce mostly female offspring while a different specific hen will produce mostly male offspring. Suppose you have a hen that produces all male chicks. Maybe your specific hen is really a modified male? Hmmmm . . . .

Owe, I'm making my head hurt . . . lol!

Is that "fact" about hens producing mostly same gender chicks fact or fake? idk, I read it somewhere here on BYC.

Back
Top Bottom