The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
Soon as fill this order for a lady in idaho I will send you 10+ eggs you are first on the list. Just cover shipping that should be around 15 dollars.

That is just horrible! I hope he can recover them somehow.
Mike owns a water fowl educational preserve
 His BIG mistake was giving farm tours which included the cemani...

Several tourist offered (one demanded) to buy some on the spot and he had told them they were already sold.
2 weeks later...poof!

His farm is now closed to everyone until he fills all his  orders.
I seriously doubt hes ever going to sale cemanis again...

This sooo sucks...

Here are pics of a new breed I am working on, they are coming along extra nice.

Here are chocolate cuckcoo orpington bantam if anyone is interested in eggs send me a pm.nobody has these.

I've got Chocolate Cuckoo Large Fowl that I imported and I am good friends with the person who originally imported the chocolate cuckoo bantams.

So what are everyone's plans for breeding? I have one cockerel who's comb looks like it will be excellent but he was hatched with the ends of his middle toes yellow so I don't see him staying in the breeding flock long once I have more choice. The other cockerel has excellent toes but his comb's not in enough yet to see how it will be. If it comes in well I believe he will be my breeding rooster and the other will hang around as a just in case spare. The pullets are both great, and the younger one looks the most promising. I understand that wolfwhtye may have chosen for egg production over blackness at some points so that explains the yellow toes on one cockerel's foot. However, he told me that they will be laying machines and I can expect them to start at four and a half to five months. Are we planning to do swaps in here for more genetic diversity? I would love to at some point trade some eggs for eggs of those from another line. I know one of you in here has Greenfire lines, which are supposed to be bad egg layers but very dark. If you would be interested in a trade I think it would benefit both of us. You'd get better egg layers, I'd get more darkness.

I just got a coyote on my security cameraThats 200 feet from the camera pitch black out cloudy here and thats zoomed in sony 960tvls IR72 with IR boost
If that was a person they be in trouble.

Last edited:
So what are everyone's plans for breeding? I have one cockerel who's comb looks like it will be excellent but he was hatched with the ends of his middle toes yellow so I don't see him staying in the breeding flock long once I have more choice. The other cockerel has excellent toes but his comb's not in enough yet to see how it will be. If it comes in well I believe he will be my breeding rooster and the other will hang around as a just in case spare. The pullets are both great, and the younger one looks the most promising. I understand that wolfwhtye may have chosen for egg production over blackness at some points so that explains the yellow toes on one cockerel's foot. However, he told me that they will be laying machines and I can expect them to start at four and a half to five months. Are we planning to do swaps in here for more genetic diversity? I would love to at some point trade some eggs for eggs of those from another line. I know one of you in here has Greenfire lines, which are supposed to be bad egg layers but very dark. If you would be interested in a trade I think it would benefit both of us. You'd get better egg
Your best bet is to buy birds from greenfire I don't think anybody will trade after spending alot of money for them I would think.

Last edited:
So what are everyone's plans for breeding? I have one cockerel who's comb looks like it will be excellent but he was hatched with the ends of his middle toes yellow so I don't see him staying in the breeding flock long once I have more choice. The other cockerel has excellent toes but his comb's not in enough yet to see how it will be. If it comes in well I believe he will be my breeding rooster and the other will hang around as a just in case spare. The pullets are both great, and the younger one looks the most promising. I understand that wolfwhtye may have chosen for egg production over blackness at some points so that explains the yellow toes on one cockerel's foot. However, he told me that they will be laying machines and I can expect them to start at four and a half to five months. Are we planning to do swaps in here for more genetic diversity? I would love to at some point trade some eggs for eggs of those from another line. I know one of you in here has Greenfire lines, which are supposed to be bad egg layers but very dark. If you would be interested in a trade I think it would benefit both of us. You'd get better egg layers, I'd get more darkness.

I agree
We should swap lines.
But also make pledges to select and cull our lines to create a pure American breed we all can agree upon.
With more lines involved it is very possible to breed out the non black anomalies and low egg production traits which plague the cemani breed.

Chickenwingo feels the way he does about not trading his birds because they are already pretty much pure.
( a fact I am jealous of) "Bravo" and "well done" to him.

But for the rest of us.

Don't you all agree that it would be advantageous and profitable for all of us,for us to trade birds until we can all set an American standard which we all can consistently breed. We cannot let one farm (green fire) define this entire breed simply because they got a head start, charge more and have a fancy website.

We should band together
Sort of like a guild.
and as a guild we can also agree to maintain a higher price for our birds.

What say you?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom