The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
Day old, unsexed Cemani and Svart Hona are $200 each. But Maryland, my state wants me to sell only six or more for the chick's health. So if people buy say only two, I include whatever Legbar cockerels or projects chicks I have to make the number. I actually agree with the state on that issue as chicks need other chicks for warmth and comfort.
I agree. Thank you. What line are you selling chicks at $200 each?

I agree. Thank you. What line are you selling chicks at $200 each?
My line. Originally they started as Toni-Marie Astin line. But I made so many breeding decisions and generations that I don't think it is appropriate to refer to them as her line. I made choices that may have been different than what she would have chosen. So out of respect, I now refer to the offspring as my line. I do maintain a pen of Toni-Marie Astin Cemani as landrace and original as I the day I got them from her. But I have not sold any of those yet. The landrace TM birds are incredibly good layers.

My Svart Hona were originally imported by Bryce at Ewe Crazy Farms. But now I own and breed them. Plus I also own Greenfire's Svart Hona. But I am not selling the Greenfire Svart Hona yet. The roo and hens from Ewe Crazy Farms are all unrelated so I have lots of genetic diversity for this breed.

I also own the "Smithsonian Line" of hybrid Cemani. But I am going to give those eggs away for free.

And last buy not least, I am importing another line of Ayam Cemani this fall. Once available, I plan on giving eggs from the new line to my current customers as a courtesy.

My line.  Originally they started as Toni-Marie Astin line.  But I made so many breeding decisions and generations that I don't think it is appropriate to refer to them as her line.  I made choices that may have been different than what she would have chosen.  So out of respect, I now refer to the offspring as my line.  I do maintain a pen of Toni-Marie Astin Cemani as landrace and original as I the day I got them from her.  But I have not sold any of those yet.  The landrace TM birds are incredibly good layers.

My Svart Hona were originally imported by Bryce at Ewe Crazy Farms.  But now I own and breed them.  Plus I also own Greenfire's Svart Hona. But I am not selling the Greenfire Svart Hona yet.  The roo and hens from Ewe Crazy Farms are all unrelated so I have lots of genetic diversity for this breed. 

I also own the "Smithsonian Line" of hybrid Cemani.  But I am going to give those eggs away for free.

And last buy not least, I am importing another line of Ayam Cemani this fall.  Once available, I plan on giving eggs from the new line to my current customers as a courtesy.
Very good, thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom