The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

DO NOT BUY FROM "BOBFARM" (eBay) or "SUNSETVALLEY" (BYC, this website). THEY SAY THEY HAVE PURE AYAM CEMANI, BUT THEY DONT!!!!!!! I AM AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER OF THEIRS AND THEY REFUSE TO EVEN RESPOND TO MY REQUESTS.
DO NOT BUY! DO NOT BUY!
If anyone has any contact information for BobFarm or SunsetValley, please contact me.

We have discussed this particular seller many times on here and have come to the conclusion he is obviously a scammer.
If only everyone read threads like this before purchasing... It's sad so many people are being taken advantage of
Agreed....Mike Bean and his stupid Smithsonian LIE...i wish people would stop buying from him already, he sells nothing but cross bred mutts that are of no use to the Cemani Breed. The new "Albino" Cemani is the best scam ever, if someone actually falls for that i guess they deserve the birds they get.

I am new to this group of Ayam Cemani chickens, but have purchased 18 eggs to hatch. They came from 3 different farms. Is it best to keep them separated and breed the roosters from one batch with hens from another so they are not related. We want to keep them in great health as they are all from Smithsonian and Greenfire breed.
i would keep the smithsonian line separate for sure and not breed the two groups together..in fact when the smithsonian lines hatched i would sell them as mutt chickens for $2/chick but thats just me and my loathing of mike bean selling his mutts as Pure Ayam Cemani...except on the two listing he says he is selling High percentage(mutts). When the two sets of eggs hatch and as they grow you will definitely notice the difference, if the other eggs are from Greenfire.

the doa import guy i spoke to said it was very difficult to catch people sending eggs/birds...unless they are tipped off with the information...he said even with hatcheries its difficult to track...and thats there job thats what they get paid to do...and if there is only 2-4 people that actually import this cemani bird...it wouldnt be hard to track the birds and see if a person has paperwork for them (they get a warrant for your records of where a person has sold to, then go to that person and it trickles down)...no proof then they confiscate the birds..especially sites like these and ebay which has the location of the bird, facebook and such...they can get warrants very easily, then they contact the site holder...and say whats the contact info and they go from there.....not to hard to track people these days with digital footprints now...i have law enforcement background and you could only imagine the info that one can get in this field even without a warrant...with millions of birds being sent thru the mail it would be hard to track everything...it would require alot of money and the states are not going to put down the money for little fish...so to speak...im just excited to get some cemani and honas legally with paperwork...so in case anything does happen i can say i legally have them....thats all...call me paranoid..but i know what law enforcement can do to get what they want...and its not very....whats the word im looking for....justifiable ...they can bend just about any law because they have a badge. ive seen it many times personally...its very sad

I just had to take a 90* turn and go OT to share this.

My Cemani pullet's first!
The egg on the left is graded Large.

Last edited:
Mike Bean told me around Christmas time that:
"I sold everything I had. The eggs companies came on board after twenty years and bought all of my breeders. It was very sad to see them go, but they went to a European company."
I for one have very much enjoyed the AC (non-Smithsonian) that I got from Mike. They aren't perfect, but they are great egg layers, and the AC I got from GFF aren't perfect either, although they're very nice.

Mike Bean told me around Christmas time that:
"I sold everything I had. The eggs companies came on board after twenty years and bought all of my breeders. It was very sad to see them go, but they went to a European company."
I for one have very much enjoyed the AC (non-Smithsonian) that I got from Mike. They aren't perfect, but they are great egg layers, and the AC I got from GFF aren't perfect either, although they're very nice.
Glad you enjoy them...i wouldnt buy smithsonian i know i would be starting with mutts and thats working backwards...i wouldnt buy from anyone who had smithsonian and wasnt a reputable breeder because i dont want smithsonian blood but thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom