The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

I have a "purple" rooster. I really like his color, but was told that the purple color is because he is a silver based black, whereas gold based black birds look blue or green. I was told that I shouldn't breed him. Anyone have experience with purple Ayam Cemanis?

just a thought..but since black is all colors....the reflection from the sun make the birds look, blue, purple, and green sheen to them...im sure that the feed has something to do with the coloring...for that particular bird. as each bird is totally different....i wouldnt worry about the sheen....as long as its all black in and out...your good to go...you are a quality breeder with high expectations for your particular breeding program...and you have done great with your stock and breeding regimen....keep up the great work..my svarts from bryce are huge and im seeing the greenish/purple sheen to them...the cemanis/honas from gff are still in the brooder...they should be going outside sometime soon....not sure if i will be breeding those from gff....they might be freerangers...kinda going to be weird to see couple thousand in birds with no breeding program...but it is what it is...someday maybe ill get a pair that i can breed...keeping my fingers crossed. you start good and you end good...nothing in between in acceptable...by my standards...i think i do have a couple out of the 8 that i got....but well see as everything changes as they grow up.

I have a "purple" rooster. I really like his color, but was told that the purple color is because he is a silver based black, whereas gold based black birds look blue or green. I was told that I shouldn't breed him. Anyone have experience with purple Ayam Cemanis?
I think you're good to go with him. GFF even says their birds are purple and green in the sunshine, and the two pullets I have from that line get a purple sheen if the light hits them right.

I know this isn't much help, but I just wanted to comment on your photos. Your rooster is stunning, and I actually love that "purple" coloring. It's so pretty! He looks absolutely fantastic!

It is a long shot, but figured I would ask. For those of you that kill cull when the chicks hatch, would you ever be willing to mail those chicks (still alive) to me? I would pay for the shipping(I'm in WA). I understand how much these birds cost, but if you're going to kill them anyway, why not mail them? I know there is tons of work involved in breeding these guys to true black, and I know it would take a long time, but I would love the opportunity. Otherwise I will just have to continue waiting until these amazing birds are more affordable. Thanks!

It is a long shot, but figured I would ask. For those of you that kill cull when the chicks hatch, would you ever be willing to mail those chicks (still alive) to me? I would pay for the shipping(I'm in WA). I understand how much these birds cost, but if you're going to kill them anyway, why not mail them? I know there is tons of work involved in breeding these guys to true black, and I know it would take a long time, but I would love the opportunity. Otherwise I will just have to continue waiting until these amazing birds are more affordable. Thanks!

DITTO for me jkbfarm!!!

One's "culls" are anothers treasured start...a seed start, but still a start. If several ...even a team works on "culls" shipped to them to weed out traits further, as well 'pay it back' as well as , "pay it forward" before you know it there would be quite a team working on improving the breed and defering the raising perfecting costs by spreading it way out......? Just an idea.....?

LOL "still alive" - You crack me up!

DITTO for me jkbfarm!!!

One's "culls" are anothers treasured start...a seed start, but still a start. If several ...even a team works on "culls" shipped to them to weed out traits further, as well 'pay it back' as well as , "pay it forward" before you know it there would be quite a team working on improving the breed and defering the raising perfecting costs by spreading it way out......? Just an idea.....?

I like that idea! :)

Back
Top Bottom