The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

My intent wasn't to say those are cemani......just poking fun.....and they aren't silkie mix either.......it's an actual breed develope in Thailand......yes one can make similar birds using silkies or any other fibro/dark skin birds to make similar to those.......fyi cemani isn't the blackest one.......any fibro bird can be extensively/selectively bred to be just as dark as the best cemani......takes time and patience......when I have time to post more pics, I'll show what I'm talking about......glad it got this thread going again lol

My intent wasn't to say those are cemani......just poking fun.....and they aren't silkie mix either.......it's an actual breed develope in Thailand......yes one can make similar birds using silkies or any other fibro/dark skin birds to make similar to those.......fyi cemani isn't the blackest one.......any fibro bird can be extensively/selectively bred to be just as dark as the best cemani......takes time and patience......when I have time to post more pics, I'll show what I'm talking about......glad it got this thread going again lol

I assumed it was a joke, I thought it was funny when I saw it! :p

No need to be sorry. It happens to the best of us :).........I really need to show you guys some very dark fibro non cemani soon ;)

Last edited:
I love what your doing and cant wait for those pics , breed on bluekimchi .I hope to have my own fibros soon apart from my silkies and they don't need to be cemani although that would be nice
wink.png

I need to be clear, these and those pics i posted before aren't mine and don't claim them to be. Sorry for any confusion on any part of my posting. Although i'm working on getting thereor very close...................and here are some pics for your guys pleasure :)

side note, these are cherry picked just for example of how fibro birds can get pretty dark, even if they aren't cemani or have cemai background :) and sorry in advance if any of the pics are offensive to anyone

I think there's someone I the northeast crossing cemanis with white bresse, trying to make a fibro meat chicken. I saw them on rarebreeds several months ago. They looked similar to these posted pics.

That's a fun project! I've got my own little cemani project going on, but I'm only into the first generation. Still, they are coming out darker than I expected!

Back
Top Bottom