The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

As we're talking crosses, my ee x ac Estella won a blue ribbon at the Denver County Fair in the backyard class and 2nd best over all bird including 2 professional classes. The judge was Mike Johnson, who is known for not liking cross breeds, but her black saturation was just too stunning.

Her mom was either a blue bkack ee or a buff laced ee, her dad is bean line f2.

This is my newest line of ayam cemani f2 from gff.

Generally "locals" are cheap and consider all chickens "just a chicken" and don't appreciate the value of a rare breed chicken. Greenfire Farms sells day olds for $200. Do they worry if any of those chicks might not be breeder quality? As long as you accurately describe the birds, like you did here, then the buyer can decide if they want them or not. Judging from your pictures you have a decent pair with the same minor flaws as most everyone else's Cemanis. I wouldn't sell them for less than you paid for them. If this was my pair I would list them initially for $600 for the pair or $200 for the male and go from there. If you want to breed them yourself, at least give the no crow collar a chance before you part with him/them.

Actually, NONE of mine tried to brood this year, not one. I don't think that's typical of the breed so I'm not sure what's up with that. Maybe next year - half my flock were still pullets this year.

HEY GUYS...

I have tons of Cemani hatched out and ready for sale soon...
I will be taking photos THIS weekend and start selling soon...

If you want dibs on picking out some birds please PM me...

Hi guys.

So I have a friend who lives in Asia. They have seen the Ayam Cemani wandering around. My friend is coming back for Christmas.

How could she bring eggs here? Or is it not possible right now.

Sorry if it's a stupid question. Thanks.

Hi guys.

So I have a friend who lives in Asia. They have seen the Ayam Cemani wandering around. My friend is coming back for Christmas.

How could she bring eggs here? Or is it not possible right now.

Sorry if it's a stupid question. Thanks.

It's illegal, I believe. Importing them would take a lot of money and paperwork to do legally even if the ban is lifted. It requires tons of testing on the flock that the birds or eggs are coming from, too.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/wps/port...a_entry_requirements/sa_avian/ct_live_poultry

Back
Top Bottom