The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Hi guys.

So I have a friend who lives in Asia. They have seen the Ayam Cemani wandering around. My friend is coming back for Christmas.

How could she bring eggs here? Or is it not possible right now.

Sorry if it's a stupid question. Thanks.
It's not legal due to the ban on importing. Unfortunately that ban isn't going to be lifted anytime soon I predict, especially with this AI outbreak across the US.

Obviously your local breeders are CLUELESS about Ayam Cemani... or worse...
HINT: $75/Pair is what THEY want YOU to sell YOUR birds to THEM for.

Then THEY will claim YOUR ex-birds are suddenly worth $200 - $500 each/ $750 per pair when THEY sell THEIR new Cemani 1 month later.

As for your retarded local ordinances:
Get a no crow collar, and ply the neighbors with "free eggs to eat", and don't sweat it...

Do nothing with your birds until a Sherriff shows up and demands you sell them... which will probably NEVER happen....

welcome

Last edited:
Is anyone else having the experience that cockerels that get their combs in slower seem to have blacker combs? I have one who is going to be my new breeding cock when he is grown whose comb is coming in so slowly but is staying nice and dark. Compared to some of my others whose combs came in like lightning but are already a bit mulberry-ish (they were culls anyway, though, so this may be skewed).

I'll have to get a picture of the little cockerel I'm talking about, he is a looker. Already has his hackle and saddle feathers, but barely any comb. Super black, a good looking bird. And I nearly killed him a few days before he hatched, too. Glad he made it!

MEMBERS ONLY EGG RAFFLE! Happening NOW thru SUNDAY!

Ayam Cemani Breeders Association is bringing members the exclusive opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for the chance to win fertile hatching eggs from the breeding program of Tar Babies Poultry!

**Eggs are being collected now and will continue to be collected until Sunday at 8PM est.

**Parent stock photos can be seen on the donator’s facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/TarBabiesPoultry?fref=ts

**You will get a minimum of NINE eggs.

**Shipping is included.

Ticket sales begin now and are $5 per virtual ticket.

There is no limit to the number of virtual tickets you may buy. If you buy $50 worth of tickets you will be issued 10 virtual tickets.

You can purchase your tickets via paypal to [email protected]. You will receive a return email with your virtual ticket(s).

Member and donator Candace Waldon will receive only ticket numbers, with no names attached, to select the winning number!

The Ayam Cemani Breeders Association wants to extend an extreme thanks to Tar Babies Poultry for the donation and all their support! Please visit their site and show them some love!

Another poor soul about to be added to the list of the scammed...

http://ebay.to/1DMEiD8

Rockin1344 out of Yucca, CA.

I am watching an auction curenly on Ebay from this seller. Why do you say they are a scam? They seem pretty upfront on their website. I am wanting to get some of these chicks. I am not a breeder, but just love rare breed chickens and want many different kinds in my flock. Although I would sell any extras I had from the auction should I bid and win. Please advise me.

Another poor soul about to be added to the list of the scammed...

http://ebay.to/1DMEiD8

Rockin1344 out of Yucca, CA.

I am watching an auction curenly on Ebay from this seller. Why do you say they are a scam? They seem pretty upfront on their website. I am wanting to get some of these chicks. I am not a breeder, but just love rare breed chickens and want many different kinds in my flock. Although I would sell any extras I had from the auction should I bid and win. Please advise me.

Just look back through this thread.
You can buy chicks direct from GFF for that kind of $$

Just look back through this thread.
You can buy chicks direct from GFF for that kind of $$

Last auction for 12+, live chicks sold for $565.00. They say they have GFF bloodlines. Last time I looked on GFF it was $199.00 per chick. I am new to these rare breeds so I am confused as to who has true birds and why there is such a gap in prices.

Last auction for 12+, live chicks sold for $565.00. They say they have GFF bloodlines. Last time I looked on GFF it was $199.00 per chick. I am new to these rare breeds so I am confused as to who has true birds and why there is such a gap in prices.

Some people have Indo line birds. Some claim they are here legally but don't provide proof. I think most have turned to just saying their birds are from the well known imported lines as a cover. The person running those auctions on eBay changes the descriptions on their auctions and webpage as people ask them questions or criticize their claims. Several months ago they used to include a picture of a chick with feathered legs. When someone on BYC mentioned it, that picture stopped appearing in their auctions. I questioned them via eBay about the black mouths. Their answer was, "The chicks being shipped are the offspring of the birds pictured and every last one is black to the ends of it's toenails. The only birds I have with true black mouths are coming from the Indo line and while SOME of those chicks will be part of the mix, there are absolutely NO guarantees of all black mouths." This seemed like a contradiction to me because they only showed pictures of what looked like Indo birds, not GFF birds.

I used to suggest looking at the seller's feedback on any auction, but eBay has demonstrated that negative feedback can be removed. I've seen this happen myself. I'd been watching an eBay listing for Leghorn eggs for a couple of weeks. The seller had a 100% feedback, and all of them were about how the eggs were packed. One day a negative feedback showed up saying zero fertility. The following day that feedback had disappeared. I've become suspicious of any seller that has 100% feedback and not one of those ratings addresses the viability of the eggs or whether chicks hatched were consistent with the breed they are supposed to be.

If you do get chicks from this person, please do report back here about your experience. I'd love to get chicks from this person, but I'm skeptical that the quality of the chicks from that seller is up to par with their representations of what they are selling. I have much more faith in a seller that is honest and upfront about what they have and what those breeders are producing than in a seller who's claims sound too good to be true.

Back
Top Bottom