The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Since they are in the UK, it's unlikely anyone has any from that particular breeder here.
They'd have to be imported here and if a new line had been imported I'm sure we would've heard about it

Dose anyone know were I can get a bantam cemani or how to create them I do know they are real plz pm me with any info on them.
big_smile.png

just hatched four from mama hen at negative 5 degrees and they all lived....and everyone has black feet....one is super dark and the other three are alittle bit lighter....im just happy they are not hatching out with different color leggs and stuff....anyways...figured i would share but this thread seems to be loosing momentum.....just hoping people preserve the breed...

I'm not hatching my own at the moment, but I do have three chicks arriving from Greenfire next Tuesday. I'm hoping one or two are cockerels.

I just separated my cemanis from the rest of my flock today. In a couple weeks I'll increase their daylight hours and then do a test hatch. They basically had the winter off.

Speaking of winter, even tho I had been putting Vaseline on my roosters comb, I noticed today that he's got some frostbite there. He might just have too big of a comb for NY winters. Poor guy, tho it doesn't seem slow him down.

Birdman, do u do anything extra to get ur birds thru the Michigan winters? It must get very cold there.

just hatched four from mama hen at negative 5 degrees and they all lived....and everyone has black feet....one is super dark and the other three are alittle bit lighter....im just happy they are not hatching out with different color leggs and stuff....anyways...figured i would share but this thread seems to be loosing momentum.....just hoping people preserve the breed...

It seems that many people were originally interested as they thought there was big money to be made. That was inevitable. Now that there are several "good/true" breeders around with a good name and producing quality birds, those in it for fast profits have given up but not without having caused much damage with scams and selling mixed breed birds as true ACfor a lot of $$.

I think it will be better now though I still see ads for "AC" chicks for $100 and eggs for $25 each and you know they are still preying on those who have not done their homework.

It seems that many people were originally interested as they thought there was big money to be made. That was inevitable. Now that there are several "good/true" breeders around with a good name and producing quality birds, those in it for fast profits have given up but not without having caused much damage with scams and selling mixed breed birds as true ACfor a lot of $$.

I think it will be better now though I still see ads for "AC" chicks for $100 and eggs for $25 each and you know they are still preying on those who have not done their homework.

Well, I sell my eggs for $25 each and I'm not scamming anyone...but yes, there are still scammers out there. For example bobfarm on eBay was still at it last I checked even though the boom has died down some.

Back
Top Bottom