The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Nice birds......in my opinion, they look right for the European type of Ayam Cemani.....some will be more rounder body, shorter neck and others a bit more slimmer, looking longer legs & neck etc.........

I don't think they would have American lines?, since American lines were imported from Europe in 2012/13....so maybe other lines from different parts of Europe?

The best looking AC line from Europe that I have seen, seem to be from Germany

The idea that someone in Europe would claim to have American lines of Ayam Cemanis makes me smile. Especially with this breed which we appreciate the opportunity to have European lines in our flocks here in the US.

For funsies I ordered a single Ayam Cemani egg with a dozen bantam phoenix eggs. IT HATCHED! I had to assist it, while it was zipping I got a bad feeling about it and when I inspected it I saw it doing this gagging thing so I opened the top of the shell and did reverse mouth to mouth. Then I used a little pippette to help clear out some goo. Chickie hatched weak, but has caught up on activity, though it is super tiny, smaller than the bantams that I ordered.

Here it is! I hope it's a little girl!

Look it that tiny foot!!

Here it is between a large fowl mix and a little bantam phoenix.

For funsies I ordered a single Ayam Cemani egg with a dozen bantam phoenix eggs. IT HATCHED! I had to assist it, while it was zipping I got a bad feeling about it and when I inspected it I saw it doing this gagging thing so I opened the top of the shell and did reverse mouth to mouth. Then I used a little pippette to help clear out some goo. Chickie hatched weak, but has caught up on activity, though it is super tiny, smaller than the bantams that I ordered. Here it is! I hope it's a little girl! Look it that tiny foot!! Here it is between a large fowl mix and a little bantam phoenix.
Very cute! Congrats! Crazy how small they are!

I am one who got scammed by Bobfarm on Ebay last year. Sold me 9 eggs for $168, of which only 6 hatched out: one was infertile the other blood ringed on me. I fought it, but he knows how the system works and he uses it to his advantage. I know where he lives, has a house with lake side property outside of Buffalo, Mn. Explains why he cheated so many people out of their money. After battling him through Ebay, he did change his ads information, so it was not a total loss. But, I figured he was still swindling good people out of their hard earned money. Attached is a picture of the 6 just after hatching out. Out of them, only one is black of any quality. Two turned out to be roos: they look like crap. One hen is sterile and the other 2 died.

Are these guys usually small chicks compared to others? My little chickie is smaller than all my others even my phoenix bantams have surpassed it.

So I'm in a pickle. My only adult AC rooster died, so I'm left without a rooster. I do have a chick from GFF that looks like it's a cockerel, so that would be fine, except for he's suddenly developing curled toes. He did not have them as a chick and now at about five weeks old they're suddenly coming on, I'm not sure what's up with that. I don't really want to use a bird with curled toes as a breeder.

So now I have to decide whether to see if I can find an adult rooster for sale from someone or if I want to chance buying eggs, or put in another order with GFF for more chicks but there would be no guarantee of getting a rooster with either of those last two methods. This darn breed. They're lucky they're gorgeous.

So I'm in a pickle. My only adult AC rooster died, so I'm left without a rooster. I do have a chick from GFF that looks like it's a cockerel, so that would be fine, except for he's suddenly developing curled toes. He did not have them as a chick and now at about five weeks old they're suddenly coming on, I'm not sure what's up with that. I don't really want to use a bird with curled toes as a breeder.

So now I have to decide whether to see if I can find an adult rooster for sale from someone or if I want to chance buying eggs, or put in another order with GFF for more chicks but there would be no guarantee of getting a rooster with either of those last two methods. This darn breed. They're lucky they're gorgeous.

Why don't you set your own eggs?

Back
Top Bottom