The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

LOL, and I am a couple days to late. My one girl, I would love to see what would come out of her, with a good male over her. I know that they are your birds, but please ask before you cull. You might make some money on the deal.

So I'm in a pickle. My only adult AC rooster died, so I'm left without a rooster. I do have a chick from GFF that looks like it's a cockerel, so that would be fine, except for he's suddenly developing curled toes. He did not have them as a chick and now at about five weeks old they're suddenly coming on, I'm not sure what's up with that. I don't really want to use a bird with curled toes as a breeder.

So now I have to decide whether to see if I can find an adult rooster for sale from someone or if I want to chance buying eggs, or put in another order with GFF for more chicks but there would be no guarantee of getting a rooster with either of those last two methods. This darn breed. They're lucky they're gorgeous.
I

I have a 6 month rooster I can sell you, not the best I've had but OK looking. Let me know if you are interested
[/IMG]

So I'm in a pickle. My only adult AC rooster died, so I'm left without a rooster. I do have a chick from GFF that looks like it's a cockerel, so that would be fine, except for he's suddenly developing curled toes. He did not have them as a chick and now at about five weeks old they're suddenly coming on, I'm not sure what's up with that. I don't really want to use a bird with curled toes as a breeder.

So now I have to decide whether to see if I can find an adult rooster for sale from someone or if I want to chance buying eggs, or put in another order with GFF for more chicks but there would be no guarantee of getting a rooster with either of those last two methods. This darn breed. They're lucky they're gorgeous.
Try giving your chick vitamins in his water. Rickets is a cause of curled toes in older chicks, but if you give the vitamins soon enough the toes will straighten out. This can sometimes happen even if you are using commercial chick feed.

Try giving your chick vitamins in his water. Rickets is a cause of curled toes in older chicks, but if you give the vitamins soon enough the toes will straighten out. This can sometimes happen even if you are using commercial chick feed. 

Thank you! Gonna start with that tomorrow. Can't hurt, right? Hopefully it helps.

Are Cemani normally this small? Little Debbie here is 4 weeks old and is smaller than my bantam phoenixes of the same age.

Back
Top Bottom